Letter to Your Future Self

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by friendless, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. friendless

friendless Well-Known Member

Mine would go something like this;

Dear future D,

I hope you are finally happy now and I hope you've mastered the skill of interacting with other people, in real life and not just online. I hope you've also gotten over your (or is it 'our') fear of public speaking and can now make it through a presentation without running out of the room to cry in the bathroom like the pathetic little bitch you used to be.

I hope you've managed to build some kind of career for us. I have my doubts currently and would really appreciate some kind of reassurance that things will work out. I am now divided between law school after college, or pursuing a PhD in Political Science. I hope that the not to distant future D has managed to pull our GPA up enough to make these possible futures possible.

I hope our husband and daughter are well. I am doing my best to pester our husband into attending college and on the 10th he is scheduled to take the ACT. What is he majoring in? I hope it is something that he will enjoy. Please do all that you can to help him with what ever he needs, we both love him madly, at least I hope you still do.

Eagerly awaiting your reply,
    Past D
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

That's a really good idea.

Dear Future L,
    I hope you have finally achieved all of those things you wanted to, no matter how stupid they seemed at the time.
    Like getting a job/career, losing weight, feeling beautiful on the outside as well as in, being able to say you earn an income to provide for yourself and purchase all of those things you say you want but can never afford, you're making friends you aren't jealous of, being a good friend to those that are already in your life, being a good daughter and sister, being a good girlfriend because your mind isn't constantly filled with harsh thoughts, working hard at life and actually living instead of merely existing.
    I hope your future looks bright now instead of bleak and I hope you are working hard at finding happiness, if you aren't already there.
    Be well.

Past L
  3. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

Dear future Sapphire,

You're still doing great man. Keep up the good work!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!! :wootrock:

Past Sapphire
  4. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

ahh, yeah!

Dear future Vane, (possibly part robot, part vampire- future me.)
    I hope that you have learned from your mistakes and still take everything into consideration. It would be a shame if you had morphed into a giant douche, after receiving those cybernetic implants. Just because you don't feel human compassion anymore, doesn't give you any right to be mean to anyone... so don't okay?
    ...What was I saying? - oh right!
    I hope that by now you are not depressed anymore. I'm sure it's much easier to speak with people without getting nervous; and that's good. It probably took some time for you to heal completely from your mental illnesses-- I can't even imagine what it must be like to not be miserable every day. Anyways-- good for you!
    Take care. baibai!
    ~past Vane
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey glad you are healing and seeing your daughter strong and well you did what you had too now she too is healing good for you
  6. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

How far into the future are we talking? 5 years, days, minutes?

Hey You,

Do things change much?
  7. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Hey IV ..are you still there??!!!!
  8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Dear Steffen,

If you're happy, way to go. If not, sorry for not offing myself.

9. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

dear future self,

i dont know what to say because i don't know how far in the future we're talking about. let's assume a few years, shall we? well i hope for starters that you've gotten out of where i am now, that's for sure, have a place of your own and that you're living there. if not then i hope that you have a car and a job.

i dont expect that you'll keep all my current friends, but stay friends with c, j and d. they're friends that are worth keeping.

hopefully we've gone travelling by now and if not then hopefully we'll be on the way to. don't you wanna see the world? i wanna see the world... i know we will though -- we'll have lots of adventures and get into scrapes and be spontaneous and and and -- i mean, they say that the real living starts now, right?

love from your past self xx
  10. friendless

friendless Well-Known Member

Dear Future D,

I hope you are not a sociopath.

Past D
  11. plates

plates Well-Known Member

dear me's:

remember, you will never be young again, so enjoy yrself before you get to 60. you reversed all that damage in two years when you were only 23 and had very little help, and you're not going back again, okay? and i hope you look at the stuff you write and do and edit and put it together and not just do so much all the time, and let it gather up and up and you're drowning in it all! hope you've organised yourself a bit better.
  12. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Dear future me,

Can I have ten dollars?

With love, present me.
  13. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Dear self,

Stop being such a lazy loser and hating yourself. You will get nowhere in life with that kind of attitude. Realize that there are people who care about you and want you to succeed. Try to keep in mind that you are a good person and deserve the best that life has to offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.