Letter

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ItThing, Jun 12, 2008.

1. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

I wrote this letter to a dick in my grade who pisses my off. I need help editing it so he understands, could you help please?

Dear Sam,
    I can imagine how awkward it is to receive this letter when you know I can just talk to you whenever I want, but I’m sure if I brought up this subject you would not let me finish saying everything I want to say.
    Yes, of course I miss _ (_ to you, because you can’t pronounce her name right), but our relationship is not your business, our that of anyone but _ and me, and I would appreciate it if you would finally back off the subject. Now would be the moment when you would otherwise cut me off, but you cannot.
    I believe that you need other people, Sam. You’re always surrounded by friends, people who laugh at your jokes, people who look up to you, people who believe that you are smart and strong and talented. Many of these people are girls, and many of those are attractive as you’d like. You lack nothing and no one, Sam.
    You even have me. I am one of the people you can look down on and laugh at. Wait a minute longer, I know you don’t see it that way, but I do. When you and your friends look at me, they see a loser – that guy who follows jack around, not funny, not interesting, will never get laid – and nothing more. And you need me because when ever you want you can just bring up my ex-girlfriend and purposefully ask me about things that you know will embarrass me. You have me to display to everyone and say ‘look at him, the only serious relationship he ever had was too fucked up and too painful for him to talk about’. You show me her picture – her picture, after I’ve barely spoken to her for over a year – and ask ‘do you miss her’ because as you well know I do. But everyone else knows, Sam misses no one, he lacks no one, he can fuck any girl in the grade because he’s just that cute, that funny, that cool, or whatever it is that makes people prefer your company over mine. You have me to prove it, no one wants me.
    But I do not need you, Sam. I do not need to be summoned like a dog just to talk about the one thing I obviously do not want to talk about. I do not need to be the topic of your next joke. I do not need to be an example as to how you are superior to everyone else. I do not need you or any of your friends. I just need me, I am the only one I ever had other than _, and now I do not want any one else. I do not need an apology, an argument, or any response at all. Just leave me alone.
    Show this to whoever you like, thanks for reading.

-Mor Hilai

Any other comments would help, thanks for reading!

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Is your letter more to make him angry, get him to understand how he makes you feel, or what? I am not sure you will get the desired response.

3. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

I don't know... why can't I just tell him everything I feel? I'm sure he'll feel guilty at least...

4. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

i wouldn't even bother with this bud, you are opening yourself up for even more pain and hurt than you feel already, and believe me it will get worse.

cut your loses and just dont hang around with this guy.