Letters you can never write

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by darkplace, Dec 28, 2008.

1. darkplace

darkplace Well-Known Member

Just a post that i felt i have to write. Its a letter to people i can never say these words to but i feel that i must write them somewhere. Feel free to tag yours on this thread. I just need to let these feelings out, somewhere. Perhaps one day i might have the courage to say these words to people but for now they will remain here.

Dear Dad,
    Thank you for being there for me. I know i haven't lived up to your expectations and have become a burden to you yet again. Although i am not the son you always wanted I promise i will try my best to make you proud of me in the future. Im sorry for being angry with you and annoying at times. Thank you dad for all that you've done for me and the times you have helped me and continue to do so. If i have disapointed you i am sorry.
    I love you.

Dear Mum,
    Im sorry i scared you once. You did not need the pain i put you through. I will try and be a better person. I will try and hang on for you. Thank you for all you have done for me and continue to do for me. You are the greatest mother anyone could wish for.
    I love you.

Dear Sarah and Jennifer,
    I im sorry for whatever it is that i have done or said to make you both to make you hate me. I cant talk to you, you wont talk to me. But please read these words and know that one day i wish for us all to be sisters again. If i hurt you i am sorry, for whatever i've done im sorry. I hope you both can forgive me one day. I wish you both the best in life.
    I love you both.

Dear Pete,
    Thank you. Thank you so much. You will never know how much you have done for me. I continue to be grateful for each moment we are together.
    Thank you.
  2. God I need to do that too. But mine would take up too much space, I have left too many words unspoken.
  3. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

Dear L:

I used to respect you, but that was because I was young, dumb, and didn't know terrible when I saw it. When I reached out to you for help, you slapped my hand away and belittled me. I've not forgotten. I never will. I hope that you are pleased, because I have surpassed you in every way imaginable. You are indeed the weak person I always suspected you of being.

Dear M:

Thanks for being there for me when I was a stranger in a strange land. Nobody made you knock on my door that night I moved into the apartment complex, but the next thing I knew you were sharing your beer with me and I was offering you half my pizza. That friendship lasted and youv'e been the best mate I've had since age ten. Thanks, and I'll see you in a few months when we hit up the nightclubs again.

Dear A:

I'm worried about you. Please e-mail me back. If things aren't meant to work out between us, I don't blame you. But please just let me know.

Dear H:

I hope your marriage to whats-his-face is working out OK. You looked happy in the wedding pictures, so I guess you deserve some happiness. I'm still a bit miffed about everything you put me through, though. No hard feelings, but I really don't miss you very much any more.

Dear G:

I wish I'd been a better friend to you. I know that it was kind of rough on you growing up and I should have done more to have been a better friend. When I heard that you had died, I felt partly guilty. We had parted ways years before but I still regret not being there. You had wrecked your truck and you were the only one hurt, but I still felt as if I could have made a difference somehow. Rest in peace.
  4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Dear S:
    I don't know what to say. I don't know what to think. Everything's a fucking mess. I'm sorry I put you through this; I'm sorry I ever met you.

Dear Mom:
    You need to stop leaning on me for emotional support. You should be supporting me, not the other way around. I missed Christmas - you know why I missed Christmas. Don't ask me to get involved.

Dear Dad:
    I respect you intellectually and professionally, but you're a damned bastard personally, and I would gladly give up my intellect and professional character to avoid being anything like you.

Dear L0:
    I failed you, I lied to you. I'm sorry.

Dear C:
    We've been through a lot together, but you can't help me now.

Dear L1:
    You could still talk to me... I lost a Christmas worth having but I didn't have to lose a friend. You abandoned me pretty cruelly, and pushed me a lot closer to suicide.

Dear V:
    I can't talk to you at all. You remind me of my father [likely for no good reason]. This is probably impeding my treatment, but there's not much to be done for it, I don't think.

Dear Liars:
    Please kill yourselves so the good people don't have to.
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Appendix to the above [I don't have editing priviledges]
    Should be "Dear Liars, Rapists and Abusers", I think.

Dear me:
    I'm sorry it turned out this way. You deserve so much more than this hell you're in.