Letting go and moving on.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Kris.T, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Kris.T

Kris.T Well-Known Member

So.. why is this so incredibly hard? Having been alone for a while, why does one word spark images of happier times with her? Its been so long, why can i not let go, and move on and be happy? :(

2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I am not you, but I can say that I have been here. Instead of thinking of the things you miss and the good times. Think of the things you do not miss, and the bad times. Hope this helps. It did me. Blessings..

3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Essentially you have to grieve, and until you grieve you won't be able to move on. It won't be easy or comfortable, but it is doable. I'm sorry you are faced with doing it though.

4. Kris.T

Kris.T Well-Known Member

I thought I had greived. I'd been fine until I heard one word that sparked images of her, and the time we shared. I've got 4 texts in my phone that I've put thought into, but haven't had the courage to send. I want her back in my life, but I don't think it'll happen.

I'd thought I'd moved on, I hadn't thought of her for some time. But that one word just brought it all flooding back. I try to think of the bad times, but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

I miss her smile.. I miss her voice...

But I'm not strong enough to reach out to contact her.. I just want to let go of these feelings and move on.. because I'm sure she has done the same.

5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

There's a good possibility she hasn't forgotten you. I don't think people ever move on in that way. Unless they are good at blocking/numbing and denying; then again they do move on, but in a downward spiral.

That someone meant a lot to you, and it's perfectly okay to feel the way you do.