Letting go

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Divine Rage, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Divine Rage

Divine Rage Member

I met this girl in a clinic I went to for three weeks. I got attached to her very quickly, I liked her a lot. But the thing is she has a boyfriend and loves him very much.

Sometimes I can't stop thinking about her - I don't really wanna be her friend, I want to be more than that. But she'll never split with her boyfriend, I don't even know if she likes me. Just thinking about her makes me anxious and depressed. I absolutely have to stop thinking about her, it triggers my depression

How do I let go? I haven't seen or talked to her the past few weeks, yet I still think about her D:

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

We don't always have control over the ones we fall for. What is important is that you realize she has someone she cares for deeply and the highest form of respect you can show for her is to allow her to be in this relationship without trying to step in. It appears you have done this and are taking steps to get over her. With time the feeling may weaken. Since you have never been with her outside of visiting at the clinic, you may not even know what she is truly like. Sometimes we tend to put people we fall hard and fast for on a pedestal and they become bigger than life to us. Love that is one sided is not something you want to pursue. It can lead to many difficulties down the road. Keep doing what you are in staying away. I hope it resolves itself soon. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.