Letting jerks get me upset

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by jsnow, May 22, 2011.

1. jsnow

jsnow Member

I don't know why I even talked to him. He comes over every week to see his dad... that much is reasonable. But then there's always some sort of confrontation with the jerk. He doesn't seem to be able to respect other people's opinions. We don't want him here. His dad is pretty immobile, so there isn't much choice. I suppose I could get out of the house while he's here. But I don't trust him. He's nosy and snoops around.

What an awful jerk.

2. jsnow

jsnow Member

And now he's in the other room making noise. I hate him invading every week. I hate it!

3. taond1986

taond1986 Member

Hay jsnow, sorry but I don’t follow. Would you care to elaborate?
    I would like to help.

4. jsnow

jsnow Member

My step-brother comes over every week to see his father and is a complete jerk. If only I had no contact with him at all! That doesn't seem possible. In any case, he's going to sit in the other room making noise all day. Part of the problem is my mother doesn't like him either, and she'll feel abandoned if I leave.

5. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

define 'noise' pls, as in speaking loud ? how long does he stay if he comes around ?

6. jsnow

jsnow Member

Noise: talking loud, playing guitar, just various irritating stuff... He's leaving now, he comes over once a week and spends the whole day. Thank god it's not more often.

7. taond1986

taond1986 Member

Hi jsnow, sadly we all have to deal with people like this. It doesn’t make their attitude right.

Have you tried talking to him about his noise, attitude and all that? Sometimes people don’t know how their actions are affecting other people.