Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by slim_to_none, May 21, 2007.

1. slim_to_none

slim_to_none Well-Known Member

ive done the medication rounds. believe me.

this is the newest one. i started it today.
    and for the first time ever, im starting a med without knowning much about it.

anyone else been on it, thoughts, did it work, help, etc?

im still going to go look it up, but i figured i'd ask here too.

2. Tara

Tara Guest

ive never heard of it. but hope it works for you.
  3. slim_to_none

slim_to_none Well-Known Member

apparently lexapro is the australian brand name.
    ive found the other names for it.

Lexapro, Cipralex, escitalopram oxalate

does that help any?
  4. eih

eih Well-Known Member

I took it awhile ago... didn't really help. sorry I don't really remember any facts about it or anything..
  5. Tara

Tara Guest

i just looked up what im on (citalopram) and found this:

Lundbeck has recently released an updated formulation called escitalopram oxalate (also known as Cipralex™ or Lexapro™), which is simply the S-enantiomer of the racemic citalopram (see below), and acquired a new patent for it. Escitalopram is sometimes used for patients who have benefited from citalopram but are no longer benefiting from it.

sounds like just a higher medication :unsure: i dont know really.
  6. Syd

Syd Guest

I think the peak of my month-long experience with Lexapro was realized during the high of the placebo effects on the first day.
  7. Crom Cruach

Crom Cruach Active Member

I didn't find it helpful at all. Right after taking it I'd get all fidgety and sort of detatched from what was going on around me, then I'd just be really tired, but not able to sleep. I think I done about two months on it before I was changed.
  8. Innocent

Innocent Guest

I took Lexapro and it made me sooo drowsy I had to stop taking it, I was just tired tired tired all the time and lethargic, and when I went to sleep it was very hard to wake up..
  9. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

I was on lexapro last year with paracethemols for depressive disorder headaches and I stop taking it after a few weeks, I feel so groggy all the time and its like I can just collaspe half way at work in the middle of the road. So I guess I have to stop.
  10. junkie

junkie Guest

I took it but it didn't help me either.
  11. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

I guess it doesn't work for everyone..just some people maybe.
  12. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I'm on it along with another anti-depressant. It works very mildly for me but when you are depressed enough you'll take what you can get. But I was also diagnosed with Severe Major Depressive Disorder. :dry:

But it works really well for some people I know, so give it a shot. :) Good luck whoever tries it. :hug:
  13. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Lexapro has worked wonders to me, didnt notice that it had made me sleepy or drousy since i was manic then. Hope you will find it helpful :)