Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ryanglander, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryanglander

ryanglander Well-Known Member

Is this drug any good? Any here take it? Reccomendations when taking it? Like should I take it AM or PM. I have 10mg tablets, should I cut them in half and start with 5mg?

2. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

Well if you were prescribed it, I would probably listen to your doctor. I use to take it in the morning.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I agree with the above poster, only do what your doctor advises.

Lexapro never helped me.
  4. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

Yea it never helped me, but I've heard it has help a lot of people. Also with any SSRI, SRNI it will take 2-4 weeks for you to feel anything so you got to give it some time.
  5. KJAB

KJAB Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I take it in the morning. It doesn't cause drowsiness (usually) like other older anti-ds, so that's why it's recommended for mornings.... Every drug is different for every person... good luck...but do what the doc says / at least talk to the doc...
  6. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Don't cut it in half. If you just began it, the doctor has started you out on the lowest dosage, and will slowly raise it until you're at a workable level.

SSRIs have side-effects. Expect to feel slightly loopy, and have cotton mouth for a couple of weeks until your body gets used to it. Those are the most normal side-effects that effect everyone. They go away. Do not go online and Google, it will only terrify you more and you'll end up like me, terrified of everything. The truth is less than 2% of people get the heavy side-effects. You're probably not part of that 2%.

Most people are said to react really well to Lexapro and most SSRIs, and they help.

I was not part of that crowd. Nothing helped me at all, except Valium or something to knock me out - probably due to being DID.

Good luck and take everyone's advice and always talk to your doctor and do what s/he says with meds!
  7. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Take your Lexapro as your doctor has prescribed! It doesn't work for everybody but for some, you never know- it may work for you! Give it a chance!
    If Lexapro doesn't work, then there are many other SSRI:s available to try. I'm on Zoloft and it works...

Take it in the morning, because some SSRI-antidepressants may keep you awake.
  8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

It didn't do anything for me. As far as when and how much to take, your doctor should let you know about that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.