Lexi's Weight Loss and Exercise Diary

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Butterfly, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Well, D Day has come and I am finally starting my diet!!! I don't need to lose masses of weight, but my belly is all frumpy and I don't like it. I also feel like I could eat healthier and better because I have a tendency to skip meals which is not good for you. I also do no exercise outside of work (although I can often walk the equivalent of 8 miles on a busy day at work!) so I want to change that.

I will be following the Slimming World Diet Plan. Today is just going to be a rough day because I don't actually go to my SW group until tomorrow, so I am not entirely sure what Syns everything contains yet. I also think my first week will be a test week to see what usual foods I eat are good for me and which are not so I fully expect to go over my Syns some days. It will also give me a chance to get my head around the SW diet plan and give me chance to look at new recipes. It also doesn't help that I have very little food in the house as I can't do my food shop until I get paid on Wednesday lol! Fingers crossed I will maintain my weight this week. Next week will be the real deal where I have no excuses!!

So here are a few of my current STAT's, goals and aims.

Current weight: 14 stone 10 lbs
    Goal weight: 12 stone 5 lbs
    Goal weight loss per week: 1-2 lbs or weight neutral weeks

Current exercise: None, except the physical side of my nursing job. Can walk up to 8 miles a day on the job. (I will be using a steps counter on my phone to track my daily work steps)
    Exercise aims: I am going to buy myself a skipping rope on pay day and aim to skip for about 10-15 minutes a day, even on work days. I also aim to go swimming at least once a week, twice if my work rota is kind to me.

I will document my food and exercise plan daily, and share tasty recipes that I discover with you all and hope that you share your recipe's and hints and tips in this thread too!

So here goes (it's only morning so I will try and update this thread when I eat something). Up until around Thursday I don't expect my fruit and veg intake to be great as I've only got frozen veg in the freezer and no fruit!

Monday 25th April 2016

Breakfast
    Chocolate ReadyBrek (B)(free)
    Cup of tea (A)(free)
    Pint of sugar free squash (free)

Lunch
    1/2 can of Heinz Carrot and Coriander Soup (4 syns)

Tea (I plan to have)

Pasta with peppers, 3 tablespoons of Nando's peri-peri lemon and herb sauce with approx. 15 g of full fat cheese (4.5)
    I am also going to try to buy some fruit when I get to work.

Total syns: 8.5

It is all guess work at the moment and I have googled like crazy and that was what I could find. I think my syns may be lower but I want to be safe until I get to my SW group tomorrow.

My breakfast entry is slightly inaccurate. I didn't eat the whole bowl of porridge because the bastard milk had gone off lol. I didn't realise till after a few mouthfuls I was like, hmmm this tastes funny. Only managed 1/2 a cuppa as well and I cba to go and buy some more milk. I am really looking forward to my pasta that I am going to eat before I start work tonight though. I was a bit desperate because I didn't want my pasta to taste bland and found some peri peri sauce which should be tasty. I googled and it's only 1/2 syn for a table spoon. This was a good find because it would be great in chicken salads or pastas.

At the end of my shift come 7am I will post how many steps I've done at work and include that as my exercise haha. I am also going to take the stairs when I get to work instead of the lift. I work on the 4th floor. Getting floor 3 is fine, but that extra set of steps up to floor 4 is a killer. But I AM going to do it!!!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  2. Butterfly

@Freya @Petal

I am on nights tonight and I always get hungry around 4am. If I take some ReadyBrek to work can I count that as my breakfast for tomorrow? I know that as soon as I get home I will die and go to sleep so I won't be eating until lunch/when I wake up anyway. Does my above entry sound fairly accurate ish?

3. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

You can deffo count Ready Brek as your breakfast tomorrow - I did Google to make sure that the chocolate one is a Hex - best I can tell it is so woo! Remember to count the milk you are using in it (if you are using milk in your Ready Brek and milk in tea that is probs your Hex A for the day altogether - that is how I would do it anyway. I think that you're meant to use like 125ml milk in the Ready Brek (if it is a sachet thing) which should give you plenty for cuppas!).

The soup is probably only 4 syns best I can tell - its definitely not more than 4.5 syns. There are soups that can count as your Hex B but I don't really like soup so I am not sure what they are. Or you could get Ben organised and have him whip you up a batch of free soup ;)

The pasta sounds amazing - let me know how it is! 30g full fat cheese is 6 syns, which means that your 15g should be 3 syns (Lu's awesome math skills!) plus however many tbsp of the sauce - but sounds like if you are only using 2 tbsp at 0.5 syns each, your pasta should be 4 syns total, not 8.

Overall it looks good! I would add a piece of fruit with lunch going forward if you are going to have soup that isn't a HEX - just because I am not sure the 'speed food' content is high enough on those soups. But overall this looks like an awesome food day! They do say that you should not drop below 10 syns a day on extra easy (especially at the start so you have somewhere to 'go') so I'd have more cheese on that pasta if I were you. Mmmmmmm cheese!!

4. Butterfly

Haha. I would normally have a bit of fruit in the house but I've literally got nothing haha! I'll go to M&S at work and buy some. Plus I'll no doubt need to snack during the night. I normally buy wine gums and fizzy pop to keep me awake but it's a no no now haha.

I'll have some extra cheese then. Woop!!! I don't know how much of this sauce I'm gonna need but I can update my diary later for a more accurate account.

I really don't like milk so I only ever have a dribble in my tea and my porridge is always like sludge. The chocolate one always looks like something else cos I don't have a lot of milk in it haha!!! If the choc ready break doesn't count I will just buy the normal and have fruit with it. It's the milk I don't like as I can taste it in normal porridge that's why I have chocolate lol!!!!

5. Freya

Slimming World change their mind about things if the recipe changes so it is always best to check. Once you go to group you will have the PW to the slimming world site so you will be able to check stuff quickly which is good.

No wine gums and pop for you Lexibelle! Definitely fruit is better for a snack - I personally favour a banana.

6. Butterfly

Well last night didn't go as planned. Because my bus was stuck in traffic I was nearly late for work, so I didn't have time to buy any fruit, do the stairs and I forgot to put my steps counter on. Doh! But I was so good. I drank 1.5l of squash (no added sugar) so I am getting plenty of fluids and I didn't have the urge to snack on anything.

Today has been a bad food day really because when I woke up after my night shift I had a pounding headache and felt sick because of it so I didn't really feel like eating. Then I went to my Slimming World Group (YAYYYYY) but I only got home around 9pm and I'm really not that hungry so I have only managed a soup. I'll write my food diary in a minute.

My SW group was really good. It was refreshing to see men and women of all ages and different shapes and sizes. I was really, really anxious and I haven't had any major anxiety for a while. I nearly didn't go, but I forced myself to go because I knew that once I got there I would be okay. I felt uncomfortable because I didn't know anyone, but I think the more I go the more comfortable I feel. I know I won't be judged on how I look or anything but I just get anxious around groups of people I don't know. Anyway, I signed up and got weighed in and did my targets. I actually weighed less on their scales! Haha, so I am going with their weight! My group leader has also written down my target weight of 12 stone which I am not sure will be possible but I will give it a go!!!

So, here are my new targets:
    Current weight: 14 stone 7 1/2 lbs.
    Goal Weight: 12 stone.

I hope it's do able. I feel positive. I'm quite happy to shift any weight if I'm honest haha. Pay day tomorrow so I can buy some good food and buy my skipping rope! Anyway, here is today's rubbish food diary.

Breakfast

Cup of tea (A)(free)

Lunch

Nothing

Tea

Full can of Heinz chicken soup (9 syns)
    Pint of sugar free squash.

Total syns: 9

Still way under on my syns however nutritionally, not a very good or healthy day lol. Darn night shifts!

7. Butterfly

Btw @Freya the pasta with the peri peri sauce was delicious. I think adding chicken will make it tastier as well as other veggies but with the little stock I had haha it was tasty, and very quick to make. I added 3 tablespoons of sauce in the end as it didn't really go very far but if I add chicken next time I will definitely need 4 table spoons. However it is only 2 syns, and the rest of it is free bar the cheese which you don't have to have so it's definitely worth it because it's really tasty.

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Well done on joining hun and gathering the courage to! I am proud of you if that means anything :) It's comforting knowing that you won't be judged there. I am so thrilled for you starting this diet and wanting to change your eating habits for the better, you can do this! :) Believe you can and you will. I wish you the best of luck on your journey to a new you! Big hugs,petal xx

9. Freya

Ooh I might have to check out that sauce. Thought that will make me want pasta and avoiding too much pasta is definitely better for me. You're right that your food day sucked Lexibelle - not enough food. Do not make me give you a Lu Lecture!

I know tomorrow is gonna be hard for you food wise too but I am expecting a stellar performance on Thursday :{

Edit: Haha at the difference between Lynn's positive lovely post and me berating you. Oh dear. Lu is mean.

10. Butterfly

I've had a long day and I'm too tired to update my diary today. Haven't had as bad a food day as I thought I would. Done the food shop tonight and bought lots of great foods and I feel like I got a lot for my money.

Petal likes this.
  11. Butterfly

@Freya

You don't have to just have the sauce with pasta, you could make yourself a tasty chicken salad with it (as it's nandos sauce especially for chicken) and it would be low in syns. I know that Tuesday was a bad food day but I will never have to work night shifts ever again so it was a blip haha. Here is yesterday's food diary:

Breakfast

300ml Sugar free squash (free)

Lunch

Jacket Potato (free)
    Cheese [was in Spoons so I am not sure on the grams but it wasn't a lot of cheese and was most definitely full fat] (5 syns)
    Salad [lettuce, cucumber, rocket leaves, onions. I left the tomatoes as I don't like them lol) (free speed foods)
    Small glass of full fat coke (5.5 syns)

Tea

Didn't have tea as lunch was late and I didn't get home till 11pm

Extras

Medium latte (4.5 syns)
    500ml bottled water (free)

Total syns: 15

Could have been a lot worse seeing as it was a work jolly and we ate out. I needed the full fat coke as 4 or so hours on the train makes you gasping for a drink lol. Today will be a better day as no night shifts and no work jollies. But I am pleased with myself as I have managed to contain my ravenous eating behaviours haha. And now that I have done the food shop I have lots of nice fruit, free snacks and low syn extras.

12. Freya

I don't think you did badly at all - if I was out all day I would really struggle. I am deffo going to try that sauce on Chicken - I do love a good chicken salad (I prefer a big fat chicken baguette of course but bread is a big nono for me lol)

I am looking forward to today's food diary - see if there are any other recipes I can steal ha! Its always better when you have fully stocked up cupboards.

I gotta dash - being naughty and need to do actual work at work. Eeek.!

13. Butterfly

Today's food diary:

Breakfast

2x Alpen Light Bars (B)(free)
    Cup of tea (1/2 A choice)(free)

Lunch

Beans on slice of wholemeal toast with butter and cheese (6 syns + 1/2 A choice)

Tea

Chicken breast with a smidge of BBQ sauce (2 syns)
    Lemon infused rice (0.5 syns)
    Salad [peppers, rocket leaves, spring onion, lettuce] (free)
    Fat free strawberry yoghurt (0.5 syns)

Extras

Mixed berries smoothie [made with frozen berries and apple juice] (4.5 syns)
    Orange (free)
    Apple (free)
    Cup of tea (1/2 A choice)(free)

Total syns: 13.5 syns

Very tasty and filling food today and I still have syns for a cheeky snack if I want one!!!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  14. Butterfly

Been added to my local slimming world facebook group. Hoping to pick up some tasty recipes! Some great pics and very friendly page!

15. Butterfly

Today's food diary:

Breakfast

2x Alpen light bars (B)(free)
    Fat free strawberry yoghurt (o.5 syns)
    Apple (free)
    Cup of tea (0.5 syns)

Lunch

Snacked on ham, chicken and carrot sticks (free)
    Pint of sugar free squash

Tea

Ham (free)
    Pasta (free)
    Lettuce (free)
    Rocket leaves (free)
    Red and yellow peppers (free)
    Spring onions (free)
    40g low fat cheese (A)(free)
    Pasta sauce (4 syns)
    Fat free strawberry yoghurt (o.5 syns)

Extras

Latte (4.5 syns)
    Orange (free)
    Grapes (free)
    Frozen berry smoothie [made with apple juice] (4.5 syns)

Total syns: 14.5

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  16. Freya

Yummmmmm - you're doing awesome well done! Lots of super free in there. I am not as good at super free - it bores me having to eat it ha! Let me know if you get any good recipes from the SW facebook group!

17. Butterfly

I find that speed foods are really easy to eat if you flavour it with something otherwise it can be boring. I'm snacking on fruit when I "boredom" eat. I've not had my smoothie yet, but I am gonna make it a little bit later. If I come across some tasty recipes I will post them here for you!! I am gonna order my skipping rope today then I am gonna try for my bronze body magic award!!

18. Butterfly

Wow, found out from my SW group that blended fruits makes them synful! So I have recalculated my syns from the past couple of days. Still under on syns but I am gonna be more careful from now on!

19. Butterfly

Yesterday's food diary:

Breakfast

Fat free strawberry yoghurt (0.5 syns)
    Strawberries (free)
    Raspberries (free)
    Grapes (free)
    Cup of tea (A)
    2 cups of sugar free squash (free)

Lunch

Ham and pasta salad with lettuce, rocket leaves and peppers (free)
    Orange (free)
    Grapes (free)
    Cup of tea (A)

Tea

Half cheese and tomato pizza (13 syns)
    Lettuce (free)
    Peppers (free)
    Rocket leaves (free)
    Spring onions (free)
    Ham (free)

Extras

2x alpen light bars (B)
    Cup of tea (A)

Total syns: 13.5

20. Butterfly

Today's food diary:

Breakfast

Alpen light bar (B)
    Strawberries (free)
    Raspberries (free)
    Grapes (free)

Lunch

Ham and pasta salad with lettuce, rocket leaves and peppers (free)
    Orange (free)
    Apple (free)
    Alpen light bar (B)

Tea

Chicken fajitas
    Chicken (free)
    Green beans (free)
    Broccoli (free)
    Carrots (free)
    Baby sweetcorn (free)
    Peppers (free)
    Fajita mix (4 syns)
    Cheese (A)
    Weightwatchers tortillas x2 (10 syns) [Yes, I am so sad tortilla wraps are so many syns)

Total syns: 14

Last edited: May 2, 2016