LGBT Questionnaire.

SashaJade

So I came across this questionnaire whilst aimlessly trolling the internet as I do.

Just copy and paste it and replace my answers with your own, would be nice to see the opinions of other members of the LGBT community.

[For those of you that don't know, LGBT = lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans*]

LGBT questionnaire

1.How long have you known you are part of the LGBT community?

Since the age of 13 when I first came out as bisexual, so for 6 years.

2. Was it a struggle (emotionally) for you at the beginning?

Not at all.

3. How did you start to discover your sexuality? (Example, thoughts, feelings…ex)

Well, I just started noticing quite how attractive women were… I however, identify more as gay now than anything, but I do find the odd woman attractive.

4. What part of the LGBT community do you belong to? (Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, ex)

Transgender & Gay [mostly :D ].

5. How long have you been out of the closet, or if your not, do you plan to be at some point?

Sexuality: 6 years.

Trans*: 6 months.

6. Does your parents/parent know, or will they ever know?

They know about it all.

7. Did they take it well, or do you predict that they will take it well?

They took it a lot better than I ever thought they would, my dad is a homophobic bogoted prick.

8. Would you…
a. Hold hands with your same gender partner in public?

Yes, and I have.

b. Kiss them in public?

Yes, and I have.

c. Introduce them as ‘your girl/boyfriend’ to family and friends that haven’t met them?

Yes, and I have.

9. What 3 things ANGERS THE HELL outta you about people’s terrible ‘opinions’ about the LGBT community or certain comments, acts, ex…

Bisexuals are greedy.

Transgendered people are forgotten when people mention LGBT, or are ridiculed.

Men like lesbians, but not gays.

10. Do you like/love someone right now of the same gender?

I like someone yes.

11. If so, do they know?

He doesn’t.

12. Have you told someone about your sexuality and they took it badly?
yes :/

13. Are you proud of whom you are?
Indeed I am, and if people don’t like it they can fuck off.

1.) In high school, but it was more of a suspicion/consideration. I didn't realize I was gay until college.

2.) Nah. I wish I had realized my sexuality earlier, but that's about it.

3.) I slowly began to lose attraction to girls and began to feel things for my male peers. Like I said, by college I was completely attracted to men.

4.) The G, though the prior answers should've clued you in.

5.) Not out yet. There was never really an opportunity or "right moment" to come out (if there's even a proper time for it). I think when other things are sorted out or if someone asks me point blank, then I'll be forthcoming. Right now coming out isn't a top priority for me.

6.) Eventually they're gonna find out. Hopefully it'll be from me and not a gossipy relative or something.

7.) I have no idea. They've made pro-gay remarks but refuse to acknowledge gay marriage. It's quite baffling. :confused:

8.) Yes to the first and third, maybe to the second. That would all depend on how gay-friendly the area is.

9.) I don't believe in gay marriage. Umm, gay marriage exists. Either learn to deal or ignore it. Really, any form of homophobia frustrates me.

10.) Hmm

11.) See above ;).

12.) No. The few people I've told were fine with it.

13.) I have no problem with being gay. If anyone I know does, oh well. They're probably not someone I want to be around often.

ETA: I don't care for the idea that every LGBTQ person should immediately come out. That decision should be made whenever the individual pleases.

Last edited by a moderator:
LGBT questionnaire

19 years,, had my first crush very early on the girl from return of the living dead three,, when she puts the glass and stuff through her skin,,, had some nice dreams and a life size poster of her!!

Not at all.

3. How did you start to discover your sexuality? (Example, thoughts, feelings…ex)

i noticed girls the same time as boys, so its always been natural to me

4. What part of the LGBT community do you belong to? (Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, ex)

bisexual

5. How long have you been out of the closet, or if your not, do you plan to be at some point?

since the beginning, i had a talk with my mum at 12-13 she said it was normal and to just be myself

All my family n friends exc my dad

mum did, dad doesnt know

8. Would you…

Yes, and I have.

b. Kiss them in public?

Yes, and I have.

c. Introduce them as ‘your girl/boyfriend’ to family and friends that haven’t met them?

Yes, and I have.

9. What 3 things ANGERS THE HELL outta you about people’s terrible ‘opinions’ about the LGBT community or certain comments, acts, ex…

nothing really, i just pity their limited views on the world

not at the moment in love but i do have a girl i have fun with and i like a lot, but only as a friend not as a partner im love with a guy

11. If so, do they know?

yes so does my partner

no

Most people would say i'm a confident cocky fucker with a bit of a god complex, i tend to agree :biggrin:

houseofcards

LGBT questionnaire

Since 2007. So 4 years, going on 5.

Kind of. A lot of people in my part of Maine are anti-gay, but I really don't care about what others say.

I always found how I felt about guys, girls, transgender, etc. to be very, very similar. I've had crushes on trans people and girls but have dated guys.

I say I'm pansexual.

I've been open to people about it since last year, but I had a boyfriend at that time so it didn't really matter much.

They don't, but if I end up getting a girlfriend or partner who wasn't biologically born as the gender they were now, they will end up finding out.

My mother would take it well, she knows a lot of people that have different sexualities and is perfectly OK with it, but my dad I'm not sure. I don't care about what he says, anyways.

8. Would you…
b. Kiss them in public?

a. yes.
b. no. I'm not into PDA of that sort, even if it was with a boyfriend.
c. yes.

a. that being gay will send you to hell.
b. that gay parents are worse than heterosexual parents
c. the gay marriage debate, period.

No, solely because I have a boyfriend right now and am a 1-at-a-time kind of person. If we were to break up, I have a feeling I'll end up with a girl the next time.

11. If so, do they know?

invalid answer :p

Yes, but they can go shove it.

I'm proud of my sexuality and wouldn't change it, but I'm not proud of who I am.

UsedToBe

LGBT questionnaire

I came out two years ago, but I was attracted to women since I was really young.

Yes. Found it hard to work out what was going on. I was brought up in a very conservative environment, so being attracted to the same sex was not acceptable.

I just started to realise I'm more attracted to women. Usual stuff, being "in love" with female teachers in primary school...

mostly bisexual, have lots of gay friends too.

2 years.

Yes. He's not coping well with it.

As above. He's not coping too well with it and does not want me to be out.

8. Would you…

Yes!

b. Kiss them in public?

Yes!

Yes!

Biphobic comments such as bisexuals are greedy/make up your mind/you want the best of two worlds.

No.

11. If so, do they know?

I did, and I told her. This ruined our friendship. Not looking for love anymore.

Yes. I was told to make up my mind.

I am. I wish I could be more visible though.

HakunaMatata

1.How long have you known you are part of the LGBT community? I believe i was thirteen, so around six years i've known.

2. Was it a struggle (emotionally) for you at the beginning? Not at the beginning. Maybe a little bit now.

3. How did you start to discover your sexuality? I hit puberty... so i become more aware of attraction towards another person.

4. What part of the LGBT community do you belong to? Pan-sexual part...

5. How long have you been out of the closet, or if your not, do you plan to be at some point? I tried coming out to family, i think they believed i was joking. I'm able to tell anyone else, though.

6. Does your parents/parent know, or will they ever know? They know about it but not really sure they're believing it.

7. Did they take it well, or do you predict that they will take it well? My mum acted as if she knew me better and thinks i wouldn't get with a guy =/. However, she did say that it wouldn't bother her.

8. Would you…
a. Hold hands with your same gender partner in public? Hell yeah.
b. Kiss them in public? Of course.
c. Introduce them as ‘your girl/boyfriend’ to family and friends that haven’t met them? Yes. I'd be ashamed for myself if i didn't.

How shallow straight people can be. I think i have to agree with what others have said too.

10. Do you like/love someone right now of the same gender? No.

11. If so, do they know?

12. Have you told someone about your sexuality and they took it badly? Somewhat badly.

13. Are you proud of whom you are? Proud of my sexuality, yeah.

Growing Pains

Since I was about 12. So, about eight years?

It definitely wasn't what TV and books would have you expect. I was picked on some in school, yeah... but I was quite used to being bullied regardless, so that was nothing new and my mother was cool with it from the get. I'd say it's more of a struggle now, actually. Now that I know I'm a bit "genderqueer", too, I mean.

I simply realized that I was attracted to both men and women and that was that. As far as being genderqueer, that's a different story. A much, much longer one for a rainier day.

Transgender, mostly. Though, honestly, I don't see why we should break ourselves up into groups. We're all in this together. :hugtackles:

5. How long have you been out of the closet, or if you're not, do you plan to be at some point?

Sexuality: 6 or 7 years

Trans: 3 years

She was the first person I told. Though, she said she always knew. Mothers. :rolleyes:

Yeah.

8. Would you…

Yeah.

b. Kiss them in public?

No. But I wouldn't kiss the opposite gender, either. PDA makes me anxious. I don't like it.

Yes.

Hm, I wouldn't say anything angers the hell out of me. There are some things that bother me, though. Like bisexuals being said to be "greedy", the many misconceptions about Transgender/Transsexuals (especially the one about them not appreciating what "God" gave them and that if they were supposed to be the other gender, they would have been born that way... some people are pretty clueless).

It does kind of grind my gears, though, how people often seem to be way more accepting of lesbians than they are of gay men. It's a double standard and it makes me want to kick things. I kind of ignore the "you're going to hell" comments. Can't go to a place I don't believe in. :rolleyes:

Like? Yeah.

11. If so, do they know?

No.

I had an online pen pal of sorts. She mentioned that someone she was talking to online was a Transsexual, ftm. Then went on to say all these mean things about him and how his children would grow up all damaged and blah, blah, blah. My reply to the message? "I'm trans," She was baffled. I haven't talked to her since. Now, I tell people from the get. Haven't gotten as bad a reaction since, though.

Wish I could say yes but since I dislike everything about myself, I'd be a liar if I did. I'm comfortable with my sexuality, at least, and wouldn't change it for anyone.

nolonger

Since I was about 12/13.

Don't really know. It depends.

I just realised I was attracted to guys and not girls.

5. How long have you been out of the closet, or if you're not, do you plan to be at some point?
People know I'm gay at school, but not at home. Most people don't believe me so I don't really bother telling many people.

I think they know. But there's isn't much of a point of actually telling them.

They'll probly be fine with it.

8. Would you…
No.

b. Kiss them in public?
No. I don't generally show affection at all.

Don't think so.

Mainly just people think you have to look good to be gay, and your only that way because you want heaps of sex.

I kinda like this one person. But there's no real point.

11. If so, do they know?
No.

Not really, no.

No.

Started wondering start of last year, knew by end of last year.

I struggled a bit to come to terms with it, since I'd always perceived myself as straight, and it was like I was a whole different person... Like I'd lost my identity...

Well... I realised that I liked girls a bit more than most xD

4. What part of the LGBT community do you belong to? (Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, etc)

*giggles* the "L word" :)

Was forced out about a month ago by a Facebook gossip page :(

My mum said she's fine with it but not to tell anybody. My dads been acting differently since he found out..

Define well. I'm not sure they did, but compared to others they did

8. Would you…

Yup

b. Kiss them in public?

Idk.. I don't really like kissing in public.. Maybe
Z

Yes.

I don't like the "bisexuals are greedy" stuff. I don't like how some "people" can't stand gay men but are fine with lesbians. I don't like how LGBT are "sinful and will go to hell". Yea, the bible said it. The bible said a lot. And doesn't the bible teach love and compassion? Would God keep creating LGBT if he didn't like them? If everyones creating in gods image, then he must be LGBT :)

Oui :)

11. If so, do they know?

Mmhmm :) we're going out :) as of yesterday

Yes. I was told I was going to go to hell.

Well, considering this is a suicide forum... And I'm severely depressed and have a low opinion of myself... Ima go with no. However. I'm fine with my sexuality and proud to be a part of the LGBT community. I wouldn't change that for the world.

pancake111

Since 8th grade, so about 3 years, but I've always known i was gay.

Yes, I was in denial about it for a while, even though i wan't surprised i was gay.

I noticed that i liked girls, and not guys.

Lesbian

I told my best friend 2 years ago, but he's the only one who knows. I plan on telling my parents soon.

They don't know, but I plan on telling them soon.

My best friend took it very well, despite him being a little homophobic. But since then, he's no longer homophobic, and is very supportive.:)

8. Would you…

yes

b. Kiss them in public
I don't know, maybe with time.

yes

When people say they don't care if you're gay, but then if their son/daughter is gay, they aren't accepting because it's different if their child is gay. Also when people say it's just a phase.

No

No

13. Are you proud of whom you are
At first I wasn't, and I was very uncomfortable with being gay, but now I am very proud of being gay, and I wouldn't trade it to be straight.

Morgana

1. Since I was 19 years old. My bf at the time actually noticed because he was like "you like like your friend, don't you". :tongue: I was in denial for a while, but..yep, no more denial.

2. Yes. I honestly did not even know it was possible to be LGBT until I was in high school. My family is super religious and very much anti-gay. So it was very hard accepting that yes, I like both boys and girls.

3. Um...I don't know. I think I always liked girls--there were girls I thought of as "special friends," but I didn't really realize that I was actually attracted to them that way. And I liked boys from elementary school onward...I had many embarrassing crushes! :laugh:

4. Bisexual. And when I say that, I'm not automatically excluding those who are intersex/transgendered/genderqueer. It's much more of a handy phrase for me, and since I'm in a committed relationship with a man right now, it's just easier.

5. For the most part, I'm out of the closet and have been that way for about 2-3 years. My parents don't know. The only family member who does know, actually, is my sister, and she at least accepts it. Everyone else however, I'm pretty open about the fact I'm bi and that if they don't like it, well... :tongue:

6. They don't know and I honestly don't plan on telling them until I am 100% independent and self-sufficient, with all my stuff gone from their house. Because I'm honestly afraid I'll be disowned.

7. I predict that they won't take it well at all, but that my mom might eventually come around, especially since I have a boyfriend right now.

8. a. Yes, I would, and I have held hands with a girl before in public. In small-town Idaho. It was funny as all get out. :tongue:
b. Not on a first meeting, but yes, I would kiss a girl in public, too.
c. If she was my girlfriend, then yes, I would introduce her as such.

9. Oh...hmm. Well, for one, I hate the stereotype that if you're bisexual you're either a slut or going through a phase. No, it's perfectly natural to like whoever you're attracted to, or girls and boys. I also hate the whole idea of civil unions or being against gay marriage. Why? How are they destroying the idea of marriage? Look at all the divorces in this country! I also hate the people who use religion to justify their hatred and bigotry. Last I checked, God was loving and accepting.

10. Right now, no, I do not.

11. n/a :tongue:

12. Um...well, yes, in a roundabout way. That I'm a f*g and will be going to hell. All that good stuff.

13. Yes, I think I am now. I wouldn't change being bisexual for the world. It's who I am, and I'm ok with that! :biggrin:

Kiba

Was about age 14 I had a crush on a girl. But I said I was bi-sexual. However I've always viewed myself as a guy since I can remember.

My parents raised me in the Mormon religion so I felt that I was evil at first for liking a girl so yes..

I had a crush on a girl in high school.. I never flat out told her. But then I now have a real relationship with a girl and have been with her about 2 months.

I think I'm bi-gendered.. And depending if u think I'm male or female I guess I'm lesbian or strait. Though I may still be bi.

I am in the closet to my bio family and don't ever plan on telling them.

Have been out about my gender differences for a few years now and sexuality since I was about 14, but only to a few ppl.

They don't really know.. I once told them when I was 14 that I was bi. But they didn't believe me and thought it was a phase.. Haven't told them anything else since and don't plan to.

Thought it was a phase..

8. Would you…

1. a. Hold hands with your same gender partner in public?

Yeah I have and got honked at by a car! :P
  2. b. Kiss them in public?

Yep.. Have. Was really funny to see their reactions.
  3. c. Introduce them as ‘your girl/boyfriend’ to family and friends that haven’t met them?

Yup. I have introduced them to friends. Have told parents and family she is a friend.

-That LGBT ppl will ONLY raise gay or lesbian children.

-I hate that some people believe bisexual's are only in denial, because some ppl truly are bi. As I'm gender neutral.

-That gays and lesbians still can't marry in some places in the USA.

Yes, I am with her.

11. If so, do they know?

Yeah she does. we got together June 28th. :)

Yup.. Parents and the Mormon church leaders.

13. Are you proud of who you are?

Yeah I am. :) And I'm not afraid to kiss my girl in public or go anywhere and do anything with her.

LGBT questionnaire

-

hell yes

fell for my best friend

bio

Sexuality: 4 years.

no, only my bro

yes, my bro

8. Would you…

Yes, and I have.

b. Kiss them in public?

Yes, and I have.

Yes, but haven't

idk

I like someone yes.

11. If so, do they know?

yes and no

yes :/

yes.

Sardonia

About 7 years

Absolutely

I was always quite interested in both genders, I just never found a girl that affected me so much as to make me want to date them, but I always found them attractive, sometimes more so than men.

Bisexual/Lesbian

I'm not technically out yet, but I'm planning to as soon as I leave my conservative city

My mom knows, but denies it's even happening, and my dad will never know.

My mom did, sort of (seeing as she's denying it), and my dad would kick me out of the house.

8. Would you…

Not in large public spaces, but I'm getting used to holding hands in school.

b. Kiss them in public?

No, but I never kiss anyone in public, regardless of gender (save for my mom, but that's parental :P )

No, not yet.

"It's unnatural" (and any religion or scientifically false accusation really)

Married homosexual couples don't have the same rights as straight ones (tax benefits, etc.) and then people insist that they want "special rights"

Homosexuals are lustful people and they'll jump you in the locker room if they see you naked.

Yes.

11. If so, do they know?

We're dating, and I tell her everyday, so I'd hope so :P

No, but I haven't told many people, and, the people I have told, I've interviewed about their view extensively [and discreetly] before doing so.

Sometimes. But, other times, I get stares and glares from people *cough* my girlfriend's parents *cough* that make me feel worthless, and that I should be ashamed of me and my feelings.

Viro

I've been attracted to men since I was six or seven. I didn't really put everything together until I was fifteen, which seems strange in hindsight.

No, not at all. I never really thought about my sexuality (I'm an interesting character) at all until one day, when I realized and accepted it.

I've always liked guys. There was one in particular who meant a lot to me. Analyzing the way I felt about him led to me realizing I was gay.

Gay

Told my parents/a friend when I was fifteen. Started telling the general public last year, when I was 17.

They've known the whole time.

They took it perfectly.

8. Would you…

If I had one, then yes.

b. Kiss them in public
Probably not. I'm too shy to kiss in public.

Definitely

9. What ANGERS THE HELL outta you about people’s terrible ‘opinions’ about the LGBT community or certain comments, acts, ex…
People who don't accept transgendered people.

No

Actually, no. Nobody's talked shit about me. My friends are probably the reason why.

13. Are you proud of whom you are
It's the one facet of my life that I am truly proud of.

LGBT questionnaire

For years(don't know how many)

No

I started to fall for my best friend(who was a girl) she was really pretty and had such a sweet personality. And I also discovered I found other women attractive too.

Bi

Still in the closet and I'm too scared to come out.

They will never know, mainly because they're homophobic.

I haven't told them.

8. Would you…

Yes, why not?

b. Kiss them in public?

Yes of course

No.

Hmm I don't know really...

No.

11. If so, do they know?

No, I haven't told anyone.

Yes of course, and anyone who doesn't accept me for who I am can fuck off.

pbobble

About 12 years

No no problem at all.

I discovered I liked the idea of having sex with same sex partners, so I did .

Bi

No, haven't got any plans in the near future, maybe if I move, but probably not.

No, were not close so I don't care to mention it

I don't know how they'd take it, probably be fine I guess.

8. Would you…

Yeah probably, but not where I live now no, in a bigger place sure.

b. Kiss them in public?

maybey, never have, not sure.

To certain people I might, never have yet.

This gay bashing that goes on, I mean wtf unbelievable.

Just the extreme amount of casual homophobia about its ridiculous, and unsettling.

That it sometimes seems more ok for a woman to be bisexual than a guy.

Not really but, i'd probably sleep with someone I found attractive, if they happened along. Theres a few people I like a bit about.

11. If so, do they know?

None of them know at all.

No only people who know are people I've been with or therapist.

I'm neither proud or not really, its just a part of who I am, I feel no shame.

SaraRose

Erm I guess 7 years...

Yes and no. Not for me personally but for the whole shyness that I always have yes...

There were girls at college that I'd go- she's kinda hot. And stuff like that.

Bisexual

Eh, not totally out. But about a year.

They don't know...

n/a

8. Would you…

Yeah

b. Kiss them in public?

-shakes head- Too shy to do that, unless they were to do it first.

Yup.

Bisexuals are greedy.

"It's not natural!" There are a lot of other things unnatural out there. Soda, food. Look at the ingredients, how much of that stuff is natural that you can pull from the ground?!

Yes

11. If so, do they know?

Yeah

not really.

I don't see any reason for "proud" I mean I'm just me. This is how I am, I'm no different of a person then if I loved only men. -shrugs-

TJ

Staff Alumni

since i was 12-13 i knew i was different , i came out so to speak at 17 openly , but i was in my first homosexual relationship at 16

yes very much so as my mum is a christian and told me that it was bad , wrong , sinful , ill go to hell (which i now laugh at as im looking forward to going to hell)

thoughts started for girls when i was really young , dreams etc , but had feelings for males at the same time , confusing time.

Bi-sexual / lesbain

since i was 17 , im now 25 so 8 years .

yep they know

they didnt speak to me for a month but theyre better about it now

8. Would you…

Yes, and I have.

b. Kiss them in public?

Yes, and I have.

Yes, and I have.

* judgement over LGBT people
* men loving lesbians but hating gays
* the comments fag queer ****** etc etc

i do

11. If so, do they know?

nope

Ive lost friends due to it

yeah kinda , i feel like im on the outside , and i feel judged alot of the time but im starting to like who i am , not sure about being proud about it yet

LGBT questionnaire

Ew, no community. I've always known

I guess, not particularly. No more than anyone else, I'm sure

3. How did you start to discover your sexuality? (Example, thoughts, feelings…ex) Noticing one of the guys in my class room was cute, it felt natural to think it.

4. What part of the LGBT community do you belong to? (Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, etc)
I'm a man and I like other men.

5. How long have you been out of the closet, or if your not, do you plan to be at some point? 21 now, so...5 years...Feels like so little.

Errrone knows

Yes, both of them accepted it fine, I never spoke with my parents during my teen years, not really. It brought me closer to them, letting them know that

8. Would you…
Well this really depends what part of town I'm in...lol
Yeah, mostly everywhere

b. Kiss them in public?
Same as a.

c. Introduce them as ‘your girl/boyfriend’ to family and friends that haven’t met them? Yup, yup

Because yr gay, you have to be flamboyant and go to ppl's houses and redecorate them, give them a makeover, etc.
It's fine if that's you...But that's not all there is.

When ppl (especially women) assume you want to be their gay best friend, and keep approaching you with stereotypical terms. It's like "No, go die."

I love my boyfriend

11. If so, do they know?
Dhur

Nope

Sexually identity-wise YES...everything else..well I'm a mess

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00