• Both the IOS/ Apple Iphone/ Ipad and the Android/Google versions of the sites mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. This app will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recive a private message, etc. The links to download the app are in the resoiurces area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

Liar

gypsylee

SF Supporter
There’s a saying I like: “Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” From memory the author is debatable.

Last night I was used and lied to in a big way (no, not by a man) and today I am so flat. It wasn’t even as though this woman was a close friend or anything; “associates” is more accurate, but we were getting more friendly.

I won’t go into detail.. The thing got sorted by 4am (!) but my soul hurts. Not like a broken heart - much less painful - just a stunned kind of depression that people do these things. Not to mention the fact they seem to think you’re really stupid AND when you have a bit of a go at them they start turning things into YOUR fault.

I’ve blocked this woman on my phone. It would pain me to go back through last night’s conversation. I can’t fathom the lies and I can’t fathom how these people sleep at night.

Here’s Henry. I post this somewhere every time I catch a liar:

sassy123

SF hugger
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hugs so sorry I know the pain of lies my ex lied to me so much I can’t believe a word he says. I had an email response from a group email he was on and I am like lies every word is a lie. Lies hurt so much I hope things get better hugs hopefully no more lies for you but yes so hard when someone breaks your trust.

gypsylee

SF Supporter
Thank you @sassy123

My ex-husband is a self-confessed Narcissist and brags about how he can lie under any circumstances :rolleyes: I left him early on though. I’m the opposite and feel like Jim Carey in “Liar, Liar”!

But what got me with this was how I thought this woman and I had built up a bit of trust over a couple of months. Her idiotic boyfriend was involved but I’ve never trusted him.

I'm so sorry to hear that @gypsylee
You absolutely didn't deserve that and I hope that more genuine and trustworthy people will enter your life. People can really suck and be hurtful sometimes ):

sassy123

SF hugger
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hugs people just need to learn to be honest I actually think life is easier when you are honest. The funny thing about liars is that they start to believe their own lies.

Witty_Sarcasm

Eccentric writer, general weirdo, heedless heathen
Hey there, I'm sorry to hear that you were lied to. It is good that you have cut ties with her, it seems like she doesn't respect you at all. I've always disliked when people lie to me and makes it hard and nearly impossible to trust them again. I don't know why people do this, it seems much easier to just tell the truth. Great song choice by the way, one of my favorites.

Petal

SF dreamer
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I am sorry you have to deal and put up with this, well done for blocking her number, now block her out of your life forever. You owe it to yourself to stay strong and don't be swayed by this woman.

gypsylee

SF Supporter
Thank you for your kind words everyone.

I think tonight I’ll allow myself to be a sloth. I’m not suicidal but I am down. As an empathic person, things like last night take a lot out of me. I felt like I was going to explode and cried a couple of times with anger and frustration.

Petal

SF dreamer
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Thank you for your kind words everyone.

I think tonight I’ll allow myself to be a sloth. I’m not suicidal but I am down. As an empathic person, things like last night take a lot out of me. I felt like I was going to explode and cried a couple of times with anger and frustration.
((hugs)) we understand hun, you're a lovely person, you know that, you have nothing to prove to anyone so they can suck on that, suckers :p

gypsylee

SF Supporter
I just got treated like dirt by completely separate people. I tell you, human beings better get their acts together toward each other or we are gone.

gypsylee

SF Supporter
Thank you @Paisley, @Innocent Forever and @Petal

Well things really turned around since then and I met some great people (again, totally separate from each other). I often say to people here - hang in there because things can change pretty rapidly. You need to walk the line between allowing yourself some anger/sadness/whatever, but not allowing yourself to get sucked into the “abyss” and missing opportunities. I’ve been guilty of that a lot, especially when I was drinking.

Looking back, alcoholism played a pretty major role in my depression and if anyone reading this is stuck in that hell (alcoholism and depression), please feel free to message me privately. It really is a living nightmare and I’m so glad to have my sobriety :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$455.00
Goal
$255.00