Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by kindtosnails, May 20, 2007.

1. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

People are liars. They say oh, I'll always be here, I care, couple months later they can barely remember who you are. i didn't ask them to say that, didn't want it, but they did. And they lied. Why say something if you won't keep the promise?? And they say oh, it'll get better, it will be fine, just hold on, whatever whatever it's all crap. i say we're all alone, they say no that's not true, here's a picture of two circles smiling and hugging to make you feel better, where is the proof? Maybe it's just me. i don't care, fucking liars, why are the majority of replies dug out of the Big Book of Cliches? Why do we bother? Lying to each other. Lying to ourselves.
  2. reborn1961

reborn1961 Guest

Some times lying is the only way to survive. I am sure many of us tell ourselves lies to keep "things will get better soon". We may not be able to provide any proof but it may provide hope in some people. It acts a sorta a self defense tool.

As for why we lie to others. My guess is that we are as scared as they are and we hope to calm their fears about the future. I don't think those lies are said to be cruel. I do think that often we tell others what we hope to obtain ourselves one day.

Hope you feel better soon. Take care.
  3. Pneuma

Pneuma Guest

I'm deliberatly non-generic in my responses and I do try to listen to what people are saying. I relate what other people are going through to my own life and tailor my advice to their situation. I basically say "that sounds a lot like what I went through, this is what I did, maybe it will help you" I know this might come off as vain and selfish to others but it's the only way I know how to really help people and it's better than just giving false hope and empty promises. But people just ignore me like I didn't say anything. I've decided; fuck it, why bother, no one cares what I have to say.

It's easier to tell people what they seem to want to hear. Others here in the past might have gone through the same and have just given up as well. Then there's the fact that SF has so many thousands of members with dozens of new ones everyday that it's hard to keep track of user names and avatars that eventually just blur together.

Sorry, I don't mean this to sound like I'm taking it out on you but I've decided to stop responding. Why bother.
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry you are feeling so down kindtosnails. I don't think people intentionally lie when they say these things. Although we would all like to think we can be there to help someon, the truth of the matter is, we can't. We are all human and that means there may be a time when we are unable ro come online and miss you when you are asking for help. I know many of us have good intentions where this is concernd, but it is near impossible. So we must do the best we are able and hope that it is enough, Please take care.
  5. I hate liars. Especially those who tell you they love you, then they tell you a bunch of other lies, and then they go ahead and tell a bunch of other people the opposite of what they told you in order to attract sympathy.