Liars

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kaos General, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Id like to discuss liars. What would you think if someone told you that they loved you? You would be over the moon that someone actrually loves you, am i right? Ok then, now how would you feel if the same person who told you they loved you also tells 4 different people that they also love them as well? Yeah maybe now your beginning to see where im going with this. Im just here to say i know what your doing, you know what your doing so please stop before you hurt someone.

2. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Are you talking about people here or in real life?
    To be honest the word "i love you" is used so trivialy nowadays. It bares very little sincerity. It has become the common way to say "i like you".
    The circumstance in which the "i love yous" was said is a little vague. You need to be more precise under which circumstance they were said.

3. Kaos General

On here and i love you as in i want to be with you.

4. Daijou

Daijou Well-Known Member

Some people have a much more loose definition of the word love. To some it means a deep connection that only that person gives you. Saying it that way means that person makes you feel complete, making you feel things you've never felt before and truly enjoy. At least, that's how I view it.

Then there are others that just throw the word around without hesitation. To them it essentially means they like you but that's about it. They don't realize that some people have different expectations when hearing the word "love" and that they can in fact be hurting them more.

I'm not sure what exactly happened to you, so I can only speculate, but I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

5. Kaos General

It didnt happen to me it happened to other people on here. i just think its a dangerous game to play when your doing shit like that to multiple people especially on here

6. Daijou

Daijou Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can see your point. Especially here when most of us feel very lonely a lot of the time, it's just not a good thing to do to mess with that weakness. It can only lead to more pain. I hope the people that are doing that stop soon. :(

7. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I'm one of those "other people" that it happened to. And it was a very dangerous game with some very real consequences for all the other members and myself that were used and abused by this past member. To those that are playing this "game" and using other people from this site..... go to Hell so that you dont add anymore grief to the lives of those that are already suffering enough. The words "I love you" are more than trivial to those that are so desperately looking for exactly that.... a little love and understanding. I am by no means a stupid person. But the right words spoken at the right time and well you start to think with your heart instead of your head and bam they've got ya!!! Trust no one with your heart. Atleast no one from around here.

8. Chameleon76

Chameleon76 Well-Known Member

I'd think they were fucked in the head and I wouldn't take it too seriously.

<Mod Edit, WildCherry: Rude>

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2010
  9. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I think from now on i will really need to be more careful with the use of :love: hehe ;)

This is very close minded. I understand you and Wayne and maybe some others have been hurt, but to go as far as telling people to not trust ANYONE with their heart on SF is kinda harsh. Sure there are a few bad apples here and there, but i don't think SF is a tree that has only rotten apples. I've met my share of bad people, but i have also met my share of people that i would trust with anything. Don't call me foolish, because they have proven me time and again to be worthy of my trust.

Is your vocabulary limited to the word fuck?

10. Kaos General

You read the name of the site? You do know what this site is about right?

11. itmahanh

Yep that's me... fucked in the head. And I already have professionals in my life to tell me that. So thanks for the nonprofessional opinion. Makes it even easier for me to remain fucked in the head with so much "helpful" feed back about a very serious and hurtful event.

I'll be patient and wait for you to be at the bottom of your dark pit, not being in the position that you are now, obviously loved and cherished by others, your life not completely turned upside down, etc. to let you know just how fucked in the head you are too hun. Promise. Huggie huggie kiss kiss! Laughingmyfuckedintheheadassoff!!!

12. itmahanh

Awww Boo we all know you mean it when you say it!!! And besides you'd have to love others here to be able to keep coming up with all the polls that you do. Just being a smartass. Wont say I love ya, how about care tons about ya. Oh Hell... cant tell a lie....love ya!!! :arms:

Not meant to be close minded, just a practical way to protect one's self from being hurt in the first place. Only wish I would of followed my own advice. Oh well, supposed to learn from our mistakes right? Just dont want to see other members hurt the way I was. That kind of game leaves some pretty big scars.

13. Kaos General

Yeah i have been hurt by a few people but i tend to bounce back pretty quickly but thats just me, a lot of people aren't so lucky which is why i view it as dangerous

14. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

My ex did this with me and four other people as well, it's horrible and it hurts. I hope whoever has done this (if it isn't my ex himself as he is on here) gets what they deserve for hurting all those people.

15. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Maybe this will sound strange...
    well... it is kind of strange, I guess.

I kind of assume everything anyone ever says could/is/might be a lie.
    That way, I won't get let down if I find out they are just a big fat giant liar.
    People tell little lies all the time. Some people like to make up extravagant lies on a daily basis.
    Some people insist they never lie, but they do sometimes. Lies are natural.
    If I blurted everything that I thought all the time- I'd probably sound pretty fucking rude.
    If they were telling the truth-- that's great; if not, oh well.
    I'll go along with things as long as what people are telling me is not hurting anyone. I don't tell other people what was discussed; I don't judge, I don't really care a whole lot.
    What matters is what that person believes and how they think- and how what they say is affecting them personally.

When your lies start to hurt you; that is when you need to stop and re-assess things and smarten the fuck up.
    XD

16. Kaos General

If I blurted everything that I thought all the time- I'd probably sound pretty fucking rude.

Yep welcome to me

17. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'm more-or-less incapable of comprehending lies. I assume everyone's telling the truth... Lately I've been wondering, though. But it's still beyond me.