Life after death for suiciders

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by seithkein, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seithkein

seithkein Well-Known Member

I personally don't believe that if you commit suicide you will go to hell because it wouldn't be fair that you suffered here on earth and yet you will also suffer after you kill yourself. I read an article the other day which said that suiciders go to hell. What is your opinion on this subject, do you think that someone who doesn't think clearly and is escaping his or her problem will go to hell of some sort of punishment if they do kill themselves. What's your opinion.

2. x

x Active Member

Christian dogma holds that only those buried on consecrated ground may go to heaven. It used to be the position of the Church that suicide fatalities could not be buried on consecrated ground and thus may not go to heaven after the day of judgment.

However the current position of most Christian churches is that suicide fatalities may now be buried on consecrated ground and so under Christian dogma suicide fatalities may now go to heaven after judgment day.

Personally however, I do not believe in dogma, Christian or otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2008
  3. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

why would you assume death was fair? I mean, what in life has made you think it could be?

4. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

It's kinda hard.

I would like to think, that you wouldn't go to hell, but the act of killing ones self, can be seen as selfish and an act of cowardice. So some people could argue, you should be punished for being a coward ect.

What do I think...I think, that I'm undecided. A part of me thinks that you wouldn't go to hell, just for committing suicide. Another part of me thinks you could, if I was thinking about me. I think it depends what acts you have done in your life, and if they have been good/bad ect.

So I'm personally torn on this.

5. EmoNeko

EmoNeko Guest

by commit suicides u reject belief that God has hope for you, so u go to hell. It is an eternal and irreversiable sin, how can u reverse a sin when u have entered teh afterlife. it must be repented while ur alive. And yes we do have souls, if u think otherwise fine, but if u r honest with urself u there is somethin deeper there than just a lump of flesh, my opinion anyway. Im going to burn and burn and burn for killin meself? i dunno will God have mercy on me i dunno. but it will be a sin u hav to answer for. u destroyed his creation not eve your own life is yours to take away it was created by God and u destroyed it.

6. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

The religious version of hell isn't real, there is no hell, it's just a state of mind and never permanent. God is unconditionally loving to all.

7. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

there is no god, that is one thing I am certain of

8. wastedmylife

if there is a god I would like to kick him in the balls if I make it to heaven, but I'd rather go to hell because god is a fucking cock sucker

and please dont PM me if you are a jesus freak or something, I am a convinced Atheist, I was brainwashed with religion when I was younger

Should the decision to kill myself be easier if I dont believe in god? I also have no friends or anything so no one would miss me

9. ToddMAdl

ToddMAdl Well-Known Member

I personally have no idea there is no way to know. I am agnostic, I really don't believe there is a God. The thought of heaven and hell seems pretty silly to me personally. I hope there is an afterlife but my pessimistic way of thinking says there isn't. Life's not fair and it sucks quite often actually so I wouldn't be surprised just for extra fun if this is all we have. But a part of me believes maybe there is an afterlife and you are rewarded for the burdens, pains and sorrows you have to go through. I am also a believer in Einstein's theory that the way we view time is flawed, that there is no past or future. I wish I had answers like so many others but I don't and I hate it..so very much.

10. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

If I were to commit suicide, and God sent me to hell, I would happy. Then why the fuck would I have worshipped such a "merciful" God on earth? Yeah-no.

11. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I follow native americans ideas.They beleive evrything is alive animals, tree's, rocks, etc.etc. I beleive the great spirit has plans for us that is why he puts us through these tests. He keeps sending us back until we get it right. Now that you think i'm weird I will back off.Good Luck!:chopper:!

12. Random

Random Well-Known Member

As an agnostic, I don't specifically believe anything. but I lean strongly towards the atheist view that "hell" doesn't even exist. Additionally, there's nothing fair about life or death.

13. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

God damn it people! Get out of the freaking closet!!
    THERE IS NO GOD!!!
    God is just an invantion made to give people hope and by that
    to force them work harder! (In the medieval age)

14. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

:agreed:

15. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

I'm Christian, I believe in God, heaven and hell and the only reason why I'm still on earth is that I'm afraid of hell.
    Is there something about suicide in the Holy Bible? I'd really like to know.

16. 163919

163919 Member

well honestly hell to me isnt necessarily a place but a place in ur mind. If hell was a place then some people may or may not be happy its just a state of mind or a state of being everyone has their own hell. Its just a personal place that everyone will have. Being a lone or in a group everyone finds hell to be different.people try and say that hell will be eternal firey pits but in all actuality some people like the idea of eternal firey pain where others may not. Its just my own personal belief

17. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Regardless of whether hell exists after you die or not, I find that a lot of people are very busy trying to make hell on earth a reality. I figure most of them don't actually believe in the mythical hell so they know they have to torment the people they don't like while they can.

18. wastedmylife

disagree, I think most of the people who create hell on earth believe in hell and that disease known as religion, they dont care what goes on in this life, they are just waiting for the next life

If people really cared about this life and thought this life was all we had we probably would make this world a better place

19. supermodel

supermodel Well-Known Member

I believe there is no such place as hell or heaven for that matter. I believe in an afterlife and I think suicides just go there. Like anyone else. If there was a God, how can he love you Sooooooo much and if you do something wrong or make a few bad judgement calls, he punishes you forever and ever? That's laughable.

20. supermodel

supermodel Well-Known Member

Stranger I don't think you're weird. I think your philosophy of life is better than how most Christians view things, which to me is unrealistic. If "God" truly loves you, he couldn't send you somewhere forever where you would be miserable. That's the most ridiculous idea that religion has come up with. I think people would be better off if they stopped believing....but then again...that's just my opinion. You are free to think however you wish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.