Life after death

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by damaged goods, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damaged goods

damaged goods Active Member

I honestly believe that there is life after death, and that it gets better. I don't believe in hell, other that the one here on earth. I say this because of what I have witnessed in others.

First, when my father was terminally ill, he reached a point very close to death. He was giggling like a child, and told me that he had angels hovering above him. He did not believe in any such thing, he only believed in the rational, but he was happier than I had ever seen him in life. He survived that time, but died several months later, and I believe that the angels came back and guided him to peace.

I saw the same thing with my grandmother, also very near death, and also who was surrounded by family members that had already passed on. She is still alive, with no memory of seeing the angels. I don't think she'll be here much longer, but I do think the angels will come back to guide her.

Finally, I had a friend who committed suicide. A few weeks after his death, he came to me in a dream and told me that it was ok, and that he was better off now. I know it was just a dream, but I believe that our conversation was real.

So, I guess my point is that I don't believe that suicide is wrong, or that death is final. We all die at some point anyway, why not sooner than later if we are unhappy?

2. Sol

Sol Member

I don't believe there is an afterlife; but if there is I can't logically fathom how people could be punished for their deeds in life, even the most terrible. Infact I wish I did believe in an afterlife, because it would make this whole killing myself business no problem at all.

I believe your last line though - we all die eventually, why not take a shortcut to the inevitable if your life is truly ruined or unbearable?

3. damaged goods

damaged goods Active Member

I think it's ok to take a shortcut.

With both my father & my grandmother, I told them it was ok to go. Maybe that makes me a terrible person, but they were both in incredible pain in everyday life, and at their time of death, were experiencing bliss.

They were facing death due to health reasons as opposed to suicide, but it still comes down to the will to live.

People say it is selfish to commit suicide, but I think it is selfish to hold onto someone, just to save yourself the guilt of not having saved them.

4. Maaso

Maaso Well-Known Member

Its awesome that you believe in something, and that everything will be better for you afterwards.

I personally dont beleive in any of that bullshit myself. And when I die I'll just rot in the ground. And I wont care because I'll be fucking dead!

I agree with Sol, if your unhappy, and you think you will be happier in the afterlife....well then do what ever makes you happy. I think everyone here would agree.

5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I'm with you. I'm just very scared of the dying process. Would my self inflicted death be more painful than a natural one? Would I fail and wind up worse off? Fear is my number one motivator.

Either way, neither of those people you love took their lives, they lived it. You can live yours. Like you said, death comes to all of us. Instead of saying why not end it a little sooner, why not just let it play out to the end? If you're at bottom, how could the future be any worse? It has potential to be better.

I really identify with what you're saying and think we go to a better place, but it doesn't mean we can't live out our lives while we're here. Keep posting :hug:

6. vizionz

vizionz Member

First of all, great post. I however, do not believe of any sort of afterlife other than decomposing. I agree with you too that why not end it early? It is your choice and if you are not happy and simply can not go on anymore than maybe ending it is the best choice. I certainly do not want to keep living with these feelings every day. Iloveyou made a pretty good point about being at the bottom already anyways but again, I would and do not want to have these feelings all of the time. Interesting post though, I have always been interested in near death/death experiences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.