Life Anecdotes and such!

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by KittyGirl, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

So-- in life; shit happens.
    Funny things happen, too! I invite you to share one of your own anecdotes or stories with everyone~ something about yourself that you can laugh about.

I'll start!
    So... in college; I lived off campus with my boyfriend at the time. He worked 12 hour days and normally came home around 7 at night.

One day, I came home from class and decided that I wanted to do some yoga in the livingroom. Unfortunately, I couldn't seem to find any clean clothes to wear, so I figured-- "Hey- it's a basement apartment with no windows and I'm the only one here... I'll just do my stretches naked!"
    yes. good idea.

Boyfriend came home early. He also brought his brother and cousin with him.
    They open up the door, and there I was on the livingroom floor, bent back in the 'camel position' totally naked.
    From the day on; my family and friends always took the time to ask me if I was planning to do my 'naked yoga routine' > and referred to it over and over again. It was that ONE time! But I'll always be known for my naked yoga.
    the end.

^^ haha, that's like one of those 'most embarrassing' stories you'd read in a magazine and think "What the hell was she thinking?! Who DOES that?!"

I was thinking that no one would be home for 4 hours... and I was careless, I guess. >< lol
    I've learned my lesson. Only fully clothed yoga for me from now on!
  2. immadeofrainbow

immadeofrainbow Well-Known Member

Lucky you aye? :D
    Hmm, well one time Me and the lads and lasses were at mark's ( a friends) having a left for dead/cod/mortal kombat game night, we were all high and drunk it was early morning and we wanted more cigarettes so we went down the shop, and it all ended out with us playing real life video game, and me and sam ran into our old form tutor, needless to say he was stunned, because we tried to take him down XD
  3. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Long time ago i spent the week ends at my friend's house. It was a hot summer day so we decided to go for a swim at the local swimming pool. I didn't bring any swim suit along so i borrowed his short. They were a little large but i figured the short's laces would be good enough to hold. So off to swim we did. Everything was cool until i decided to get off the pool. I got out really fast off the pool and the water heavy short just fell right off my ass. As i realised the shocked look on my friend's face i knew i was butt naked so i jump right back into the pool. I was looking all around me wondering if the dozen of people had saw the horror.
  4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I can't believe I'm posting this.

When I was in college, we used to have REALLY bad winters where it was nothing to get 2 or 3 feet of snow in the span of 24 hours. I love snow, it's pretty and fun to play in; but when it comes to traveling, it's a blind person's worst nightmare. A white cane is useless in 2 feet of snow.

My roommates and I lived in an apartment WAY off campus, a half-hour walk each way. There were times the snow was so bad that I had to rely on one of my sighted roommates to guide me to class.

There was one day we'd gotten over 2 feet of snow, and I was walking home from class late in the evening. I somehow managed to get from campus to my apartment complex, and I was really proud of myself as I opened the door and walked into my apartment (or what I thought was my apartment).

When there was no snow on the ground, it was easier to tell which apartment was mine; there was a rubber doormat outside our door. But I couldn't exactly feel that in 2 feet of snow.

So I walked into what I thought was my apartment; they were all laid out exactly the same on the inside; one step into the apartment, stairs to the left, a square of tile right in front of the door, and then carpet. I do remember thinking it was odd that the door was unlocked, because we'd always locked it.

I headed upstairs to drop off my stuff, and right as I turned into "my" room, some guy came out of his bathroom and said, "You're in the wrong apartment, you live next door." Then he proceeded to grab me by both shoulders and guide me back down the stairs, out his front door, and over to my apartment. One of my roommates was just getting home, and once we were inside, she told me he'd had on nothing but a towel.
  5. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

In my previous job i volunteered to paint the staff room. Big mistake.
    I was trying to paint over a door so i stud on a chair so i could reach. What i didnt realise was id put the chair on a paint roller. The chair rolled forward with me on it, i banged my head on the door frame, jumped down and landed straight in the tray of paint. The person helping me couldnt stop laughing. I didnt no whether to laugh or cry because of my head.

Also at the same job i was bringing some stock down from storage and on the way up id noticed some one had put a pile of plastic bags. Unfortunately on the way down i totally forgot. I trod on the bags and slipped down about 10 steps on my backside. The steps were the type with metal treads, my bum was bruised for a week. I couldnt stop laughing at my own stupidity.

Im quite accident prone so these kind of things happen a lot :poo:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.