Life as I know it?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by caliboi123, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caliboi123

caliboi123 New Member

I have been suffering from Depression and Anxiety since as long as I can remember. Over the past 5 or 6 years it has gotten progressively worse, and I am running out of ways to cope and reasons to live. Towards the end of high school, I got into drugs, mainly heroin and other opiate based pills, and I have turned to those since then to ward off unwanted thoughts and problems, but even though that is so I know that after each high or when I can't get high those issues come back with a vengeance. I have recently tried to get sober, and I have been clean for a few weeks and I feel like my life is a wreck. I don't have any friends, money, self-esteem, and my parents hate me. Plus, my grades in college suck and I feel like I am going nowhere. I don't know what I have to live for, or what to do. I am only 19, and I can't see myself going through life sober for the rest of my years to come. I have tried therapy, going to counselling, but none of their words or suggestions help. Not even medication seems to be working? I am not sure where I stand or if my predicament is going to improve, but I try to keep even the smallest ounce of hope alive.

2. ghazi

ghazi Well-Known Member

It's good that you are trying to keep hope...keep talking to us. We can help. There is always hope.

Why did you start the drugs in the first place? Just for the hell of it, or was there an underlying reason?

3. Mandy1

Mandy1 Antiquities Friend & Senior Member

Hi and welcome to sf xxx

4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Hey,

Welcome to SF.

It sounds like things have been very tough for you. Well done for being clean recently. You should be very proud of yourself.

Are you under any professional help at the moment? Once off the drugs, it should allow any medical drugs to be as effective as they could be for you. It may also enable you to benefit from different types of help.

Can you talk to someone about the medication not working? It can take a while to find what works for us, and there are so many meds, med combinations and dosages, that there are a lot of options for what you can try.

With therapy, generally its not a case of words or suggestions because that implies there is a quick fix, and when your pain has been there as long as yours is, there is no quick fix. There are many different types of therapy (counselling- and there are many types of counselling, cognitive behavioural therapy, cognitive analytical therapy, dialectic behavioural therapy and many more beisdes) so if you have not yet found anything that works, maybe it is worth trying and and looking for something else. In addition to that, there are so many different types of therapist and one may click with you and one may not, even with the same type of therapy, so trying to find one that works is always a good thing.

I hope you can find some help and move forward from your pain,

Hang in there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.