Life DOES get better.

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by nonethelessjaclyn, Oct 17, 2010.

1. nonethelessjaclyn

nonethelessjaclyn Well-Known Member

Ever since i was little, i was depressed. I grew up in a broken family, my mom is suicidal and my dad is an alcoholic. My hero was my big brother, straight A student, currently attending collage, has a great job, he had it all. He was basically my father figure while growing up because my dad was never around. I started cutting myself when i was in 6th grade. At first, they were just small cuts that barley bled. I wouldn't show anyone, and nobody ever found out. by the time i got to 8th grade, the cuts got deeper and i had scars all along my arms and wrists. I had contemplated suicide several times, and attempted a couple times.
    I moved after 8th grade and i decided i wanted to start over. I quit cutting and i started trying to do things that made me happy. I found that i love music, reading, and writing. But as high school drew closer, and me having no friends, i started getting stressed. I was teased at school a lot because of the way i dressed. I began cutting again, but this time i cut much much deeper. I slowly fell back into depression to the point of trying to commit suicide again. I would have succeeded, but my friend found me and stopped me before i bled to death. I told her i would be fine, even though it was a lie.
    Through my years in school, i never talked to people about my emotions. I bottled everything up until i broke down and cut myself again.
    That was when i couldn't take enough and that i needed help. I told my mom that i was very depressed and needed to see a doctor. She made an appointment and i got sleeping pills for my insomnia and antidepressants for my depression. That was when things started looking up. I had made a very close friend and i told him everything. He helped me through a lot, and i can't thank him enough. I then was confident enough to try to find a boyfriend. Little did i know someone had been wanting me for years. That was when i met the love of my life, Cody. He and i are still together, and plan to be together forever. I have helped him with his addiction to drugs, and he has helped me with my urges to cut. When we first started dating, i was very insecure because i hated my body and everything about me. As time went on he convinced me that i am beautiful and loved. I now feel amazing in my own skin and i don't worry about the negative things people say about me. Life is finally looking up for me and i've never been happier.
    Now here's the thing i should have mentioned in the begining. I'm only 17, gunna be 18 in december. Although i'm just a kid, i feel like i've lived an eventful life. I was able to get over my suicidal thoughts and get help for my depression. I've found love and happiness and my family is getting alone once agian. I can't wait to grow up so i can help other people like they've helped me. They just need to know that hope is out there, all they have to do is find it.

2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Hi Jaclyn...I'm so pleased your life has turned around and I wish you every happiness....
    Your story is inspiring and thanks for sharing...*hug*

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Thank you for sharing...I am very glad for you that you are doing well and things have worked out...please continue to let us know how you are doing...big hugs, J