Life has fallen apart...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Melmoth the Wanderer, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melmoth the Wanderer

Melmoth the Wanderer Well-Known Member

And it only took one day.
    My mother came to town this morning, because someone was murdered about 700 feet from my apartment and I was afraid (this is usually a safe neighborhood). After we discussed the killing, I could tell something was on her mind, so I goaded her into telling me everything. Honestly, I had suspected/feared most of what she said for a long time, but confirmation is very different from conjecture. To sum up:

--My parents are getting a divorce.

--The reason my parents are getting divorced is because my sister finally told my mom about the time Dad physically abused her for two violent hours.

--My father is looking for an apartment, but I seriously think he could commit suicide, because he's expressed impulsive and self-destructive tendencies before.

--My mother is moving to the opposite side of the state, and while I'm happy that she's found a place where she fits in, she will have to quit her job, sell the house I grew up in, and from that point on, be unable to financially support me.

--Thus, I will have to drop out of college or get a higher-paying part-time job. Since I'm not getting anything out of this place except debt, I'll likely choose the former.

--Unlike the rest of my family, however, I have no plans.

My mother also told me (and I also suspected) that:

--She and her two sisters were sexually molested by their older brother(s)

--My aunt, great aunt, and grandmother will probably all die this year, for various reasons.

--My sister has been diagnosed with PTSD and often has nightmares from which she wakes up screaming

I have a stupid paper due tomorrow, but there's just too much on my mind right now. The mirage of a life I once saw has dissipated in less than 24 hours. The person who was murdered was a college student only a couple of years older than myself. I don't feel safe on campus.

I feel very isolated and alone right now.:sad:

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

It seems so much has come upon you right now...plez tell your prof that you are going through a troubling time and get an extension on the paper...also see if there is someone you can speak to face 2 face to give you additional support and direction...please PM me if I can be of any help...big hugs, J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.