Life in a Runt

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Nosmanic, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Nosmanic

Nosmanic Active Member

I can't get a job that pays well enough to move out of my parents house. I have wasted 4 years in college and I not even going to get a degree. I hate myself for this and I have no idea how to get out of my life. There is no answer I know
  2. opossum

opossum New Member

sorry to hear about that...i've been there before. i have 6 years of college and a degree and still i'm working in dead end jobs in retail and foodservice. i was able to actually use my degree for about 2 years, which was great. but's hard to have direction and purpose when what you spent so much of your time and energy on seems futile.

forgive me if i sound preachy or throwing around cliches here, but accept where you're at and keep looking at your options...i know it sounds vague but i don't know your particular situation. remember that things do change.
  3. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I know people like this. You are going to work a crap job for awhile, but try to find something like an entry-level marketing or tech-support job. They hire non and recent grads and if you work hard and do your best, you will move up in your career. A company called "Convergys" hires so many people with no degrees and no experience. I know someone who started out there making 8 USD and hour and he now makes 70,000 per year and manages thousands of people (only 7 years later). Great company...I'm sure there are others like it, but check it out.