Life Insurance and Suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Lonelylost, Jul 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonelylost

Lonelylost New Member

Is there any life insurance companies that do not have a policy against suicide? Say if I were to commit suicide, would there be any insurance company that would still award my family the insurance from my policy?

My husband is leaving me, and I can't bear to live my life without him, I will probably be losing my daughter as well. I think she is young enough that it won't affect her too much. But I love them both so much, I want to make sure I can take care of them both the only way I have left. Please help.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

We are a pro life forum and will not assist you on matters such as this. However as far as I know there are no life insurance companies that pay out for suicide. Your daughter is not too young to be affected, your suicide will damage her for the rest of her life. Instead, why don't you address what is causing you to feel suicidal and depressed? Have you sought any professional help?

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am in agreement with butterfly completely.

It wold be much healthier for you to try and discover ways to cope and strategies to help you and distract you from these thoughts. Please,please see your doctor and be honest. Your daughter will NEVER forget and it will always be with her and a part of her. Please seek help. I hope you choose to do so. Depression is treatable and we are here to support you through this too. Keep safe and mind yourself, body and mind, keep us updated.

4. Lonelylost

Lonelylost New Member

I see a counselor and am supposed to take medicine that I can't afford right now.

My husband wants to leave me and I don't want to put my daughter through a divorce. I'd want to makeep it look like an accident, like a car wreck or something. I don't want my husband to loose everything in a divorce I don't want my child to have split homes. I'm just tired of being. I'm trying to work it out with him, but it doesn't look like it will.

5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

You are considering ending your life due to your husband leaving you?

Sorry but insurance companies are very brutal and will deny benefit if they had a whiff that a person was suicidal. Just saying. ...

6. storm

storm Well-Known Member

No life insurance company will do this. And thank GOD for that. Your life is so valued. So very valued. You brought a beautiful little girl into this world you CANNOT leave her without a mother. "shes young it won't affect her"....YES it will. When shes 13 and needs her mother because her body is starting to change and she needs that woman role model... or when she goes on her first date...gets married.... SHE NEEDS YOU. How can you say she wouldn't be affected? You're lying to yourself. I am sorry that your husband is leaving you but your daughter needs you and as her MOTHER you need to step up and be there for her. I'm sorry if my words come off harsh but you are so freaking lucky to have a daughter that this makes me so angry that you think she would be ok because she wouldn't. She fucking wouldn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.