Life insurance

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by rich_uk, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rich_uk

rich_uk Member

I think I read here something about a 3 year rule on suicide insurance payout, pretty sure this was in the US, do they ever pay out on suicide here in the UK?
  2. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Even if they pay in my country, or even if I am able to take some insurance, i dont think i can manage to stay alive for 3 years lol :(
  3. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

Insurance companies wont pay out. It's like any policy covering health etc. Like loan protection for instance which is supposed to cover you if you are off work through ill health, it wont if it is from your own doing such as self harm or attempted suicide, also wont cover drug or alcohol related problems. Life insurance is pretty much similar. Insurance companies will do anything to avoid paying out!
  4. Fishman

Fishman Guest

...Check with your insurance company I dare say its different for every company, But Here its usually they won't pay for suicide if its in the first two years of taking out the policy.

5. Fishman is correct.

From what I understand, most insurance companies will pay out, though not within the first two years of taking out a policy.
  6. almosteasy

almosteasy Well-Known Member

I have a life insurance policy right now. I dunno about the UK but you guys are absolutely right about the US, its 2 years. After that the insurance company will pay out for all forms of death. I just wish it was shorter, I still have a little while to go before my 2 years are up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.