Life Insurance?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by TheBLA, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

My dad had two life insurance reps talk to me this past weekend. Apparently, I can get a good rate because I am young and healthy (physically at least) and can lock in a good rate for quite a while.

I guess for a normal person, they would consider it. However, for myself, I just thought of the presentation as an enormous waste of time and only pretended to show interest. I feel as though I'd never need it and that monthly fee is just money down the drain.

Things can always change. But from what it looks like now, I've been a loser forever, and I will die a loser. I will not ever marry nor have kids, never have these people to benefit from life insurance. I'm not anywhere close to my large family except for my parents and little brother, that's about it. My parents have enough money to take care of my funeral if I commit suicide soon. I did read that in most insurance plans, you cannot commit suicide at least two years since getting the policy for your beneficiaries to cash in. Maybe I can wait that two more years, I've already waited 5+ years already and still haven't had the courage to attempt. My life sure isn't worth shit, $200,000+ would be pretty nice for my family, worth more than me here with them.

I dunno, it all seems like a crossroads. Like my depression tells me I will commit suicide soon and so why bother with things like this and many more if I'm just going to die anyways and not live a full, normal life? And then what if I do live a normal life and I regret missing out on a good insurance rate when I was young and healthy and not so much when I get older?

The same applies if I decide never to seek a partner for dating, marriage, etc (which I pretty much have set on) because I'm the ultimate, supreme loser and everyone would reject me and/or I'll soon commit suicide and then I regret it later on. This happened back in college when I never joined any activities, clubs, etc. I thought what's the point if I'm going to commit suicide within a year or so anyways? But I didn't die and now I regret my decision just as I've graduated a few months ago. And so on and so forth.....
  2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I don't really know...
    My older sister (28) got life insurance a couple of years ago, but ONLY because she works for a bank and the insurance plan was a part of her perks, I guess. If she wasn't working for a place that gave her insurance; she probably still wouldn't have it.
    I don't know anyone who has it-- unless they are a professional; in which case, their work usually pays for it.
    My mom doesn't even have life insurance. I don't.

It is important though, I think.
    The average funeral costs at least 8 grand.
    When my uncle passed away last month, I was helping with the funeral arrangement and the 'basic' plan which included shit all- was $5,000 plus taxes.
    It makes me feel kinda bad that if I were to go ahead and kill myself, my parents would have to shell out 5 grand just to bury me in the ground. -__- it seems pretty stupid.
  3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Note that life insurance policies universally do NOT pay out for suicide.
  4. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

This is what I found aoeu regarding the two year wait before getting the insurance and committing suicide to get the benefits.

It is a shame KittyGirl that funerals are so expensive and that many families have to deal with the loss and grief of losing a loved one and then adding this insult to injury. I'd want a cremation instead, less expensive and better for the environment, among other benefits. I'm just a sack of stupid flesh with a pathetic mind and soul, I don't care how its discarded. Take my organs, give them to save people's lives far more worthwhile than mine, and then throw my body into a ditch for all I care. I'm not worth anything.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2010
  5. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Oh, my uncle actually *did* get cremated.
    The cost went towards the actual funeral arrangements and to sign papers and stuff... I really didn't understand WHY it was so expensive to burn a body and put the ashes into a pine box. Did not make sense.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.