Life is a gift, yet i feel burdened by it

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by peaks21, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peaks21

peaks21 New Member

I'm living my life and gaining no happiness out of it. I feel guilty because i understand the gift of life but i feel out of place, like i was given this gift but with no way of using it.

I see everyone else and feel envious of their happiness, how they can be so optimistic. I was suffering with depression when i was in my teens and i thought it was part of 'growing up' now i'm 21 and nothing has changed, well, it changed when i found someone. I was in a long term relationship that has recently ended and she saved my life. I was in a real bad way and she made me feel worthy and useful, to an extent, i was still unsatisfied with life, but she did help me a lot. Now that is over i don't know what to do, i thought i could take all she taught me and live my life normally, but now everything is exactly the same as if i never met her, i feel the same burden of life as i did when i was younger.

If anyone feels similar to me, please contact me so we can chat, i need someone who understands me, i feel so alone.

2. Kirsty_Ann

Kirsty_Ann Well-Known Member

I think you summed up perfectly the gift of life stuff; i know what you mean; it seems so logical.
    I'm sorry to hear about the relationship: it's horrible to lose someone when you finally think that they understand you,
    have you had any type of formal help?

And welcome btw :)

:hug:

3. peaks21

peaks21 New Member

Thank you,

If by 'formal' you mean professional, no i have not, i'm a little scared to be honest. I don't want to admit that its going to be with me forever. The only thing that kept me going was knowing it would eventually stop, but its not and i can't deal with it anymore, which is why i feel so helpless and at the end of my tether. What options do i have?

4. Kirsty_Ann

Kirsty_Ann Well-Known Member

Hmm i know it is horrible to have any associated 'stigma' or anything with it, but honestly your doctor will be able to help. you're right it may come back again, as you have already seen; it isn't something for the short term! But with the right help, you could start to feel a bit better in yourself.
    In terms of other options, do you have any close friends you can talk to about how you feel?
    Do you have any family support?

:hug:

5. The Unforgiven

The Unforgiven Well-Known Member

peaks, we can talk whenever you want alright?.. cannot promise all the answers but do to help you find them somewhere. :hug:

6. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Life maybe a gift, but it is not always a wanted one. We can't choose life, it is thrust upon us, until such time as we decide we no longer wish to go on, or when that choice is made for us (naturtally or accidental). No matter how we feel about our lives, we do have the choice to continue or not.

7. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind the "gift of life" so much if it came with a more reasonable return policy.

8. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

My PM box is always open. Hope to be of help sometime in the future,

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.