Life is boring

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by LostMyMind, Nov 4, 2007.

1. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

Life is so incredibly boring unless you can afford to travel and/or do activities (like scuba diving, sky diving, etc). Most jobs are the same bullshit all day every day. I can understand why people become druggies, If I didn't smoke cigarettes I would probably go completely insane. Is it just me? I know since I became a schizo I have lost interest in everything, but when I really think about it life has always been boring and tiresome.
  2. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

I doubt it's just you. I agree, I guess.

Supposing you've nothing new to look forward to, life is the same ruthless routine day-in and day-out.

Sorry it's like that for you, though. Good luck. x
  3. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

4. Reaper_01

Reaper_01 Member

Take the red pill.
  5. $MyName

$MyName Well-Known Member

It deffinitely can be boring... You always need something to look forward to, I think.

It can be anything... Sport, Video Games, a movie... just something to look forward too and then do.
  6. Kayetan

Kayetan Active Member

I'm always bored as well. I don't have any interest in things I used to like. New activities keep my attention for a week at most. I don't do anything anymore. School, work, computer, 2-4 hrs. of sleep, repeat.
  7. Nessarose

Nessarose Well-Known Member

I'm more apathetic than bored. I get bored when I can't concentrate, I suppose, and it bugs the heck out of me. Restlessness. Not much remedies it, though I have vitamin B6 somewhere and that seems to alleviate some of it.

As $MyName said, try to look forward to things, especially involving people if you can. I'm supposed to see lots of family on Thanksgiving, and I'm nervous, but it's something I'm looking forward to. If I have a panic attack then I can always run to the bathroom and calm down. Etc.

Maybe try meeting new people? I'm being practically forced into situations like these. I don't like being around people, but I know it has to be good for me. We'll see.
  8. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I totally agree

people just work

9. tbs

tbs Member

No it's not just you at all. I feel that way everyday now. It is one of the reasons why I have become so tired of school. Same thing day in and day out. I don't have money to travel or do the things I would like either which annoys the hell out of me. Yeah life is pretty boring, but what can you really do?:mellow:
  10. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. I've developed this ultimate freedom/madness/escape dream. The moment I feel things go all screwy and mental, I imagine I'll run away to some new city, work any job, then the next city. I wonder if I have the guts for that though.