Life is Boring.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by FR34K5H0W, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FR34K5H0W

FR34K5H0W Member

My sheudule for the next couple of months is packed, but all if it is uninteresting. Nothing to look forward too. Well, to me anyways. I look at everything and am emotionless to it. Nothing makes me happy or excited, and I'm not motivated to do anything anymore. I haven't laughed in the longest time. Does anyone else ever feel that life has nothing to offer?

2. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

Ya I feel the same. My life is totally boring. Don´t see how anyones life is interesting. Our modern western society is boring. Once I´m done with school I plan on trying parachuting and base jumping, now that must be the complete opposite of boring :D

3. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

FR34K5H0W, mind if I ask which if any medications you're on?

4. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I agree, life is extremely boring. Well unless you have lots of money. Then you could travel and do interesting activities.

5. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Have you LostMYMind?:eek:h:

Money gurantees no contentment in life. Some of the poorest people on Earth are the most content. Cinical depreesion in the Western hemisphere may caused by many factors but a bigger HDTV won't solve it.

Nor is life itself boring. "Boring" is just an adjective we attach. If you had to work all day and hunt down your own food, I promise you'd never feel bored.

To a larger degree than we like to admit, we ourselves determine the quality of our lives. Depression (and other problems in life) may block our path for a time, but it truly is on us, individually, to take responsibility in resolving these issues keep moving on.

Objectively speaking, we may by our decisions live boring lives, life itself cannot really be "boring."

I'm throwing in a lot of couhed philosophy here, so if anyone would like, I can explain the philosophical schools of throught from which they emanate.

ToHelp

6. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

God. My typing is atrocious. Missing letters, missing words. I don't know what my problem is but if you look, 90% of my posts have typos in them.
    :rant: :rant: :rant:​

7. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Life is what we make of it. If you want to have a boring life, then you will have a boring life. You can lots of fun without having a lot of money. You just have to be creative. Even something as simple as going out with some friends can be low budget and still enjoyable.

8. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

Im going to have to agree. Everything just seems very bland, lame, unintersting, boring.
    But well said "ToHelp". But I disagree with the ending part. "Life cannot be boring" Sure it can. Living the way we do we have taken out many of the primal essentials that used to fill our time (Ie - hunting for survival), now we just waist away our extra time when we are not working. So it is entirely possible for life itself to be boring, but as you said its all a matter of how you look at it.

9. FR34K5H0W

FR34K5H0W Member

I started taking prozac 3 days ago, but I've felt this way for a while.

And it's not like I don't do anything. I go to school, I have a part time job, and always have stuff going on on the weekends. I only go because it's expected of me though. I'm fake happy in public. I find myself avoiding calls and trying to be alone as much as possible because nothing amuses me. Life has nothing to offer me. Glad to see there are others who feel the same way.

10. FR34K5H0W

FR34K5H0W Member

Not true. I've tried to make the best of my life, trust me. I wish I could be a happy, go lucky person who enjoys life. But for me, there is nothing to enjoy.

11. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Prozac takes at least several weeks, at most 1 month, to take effect.

Stick with it sir.

(I too felt/feel that way about life. Every now and then, though, I find myself smiling at least for a moment)

12. FR34K5H0W

FR34K5H0W Member

Yeah, it was perscribed to me a few months ago but I felt weird about taking drugs for my emotions (or I guess lack there of). So I decided I should give it a fair shot, and not just throw in the towel after a week. I'm going to give it at least a good month. Thanks for the encouragment, Lead Savior. And not that it matters, but I'm a girl.

13. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Sorry

I was on Prozac myself for a short period. It is such a pain in the ass to get medication without being loaded/having insurance in the U.S., so I was only able to get some 20mg tablets that did nothing for me.

I eventually just gave up on it because, like you, I didn't want to medicated for emotional problems in the first place.

Emotional problems sometimes do arise from physical issues though (neurotransmitter imbalance, whatnot).

14. nicesinging1

nicesinging1 Well-Known Member

Life is definitely not boring. I will list few things that makes life exciting.
    1. Having a career and paying bills yourself.
    2. Marrying a woman you love and raising kids.
    3. Owning a house and cars.
    4. Going to the beach and skiing.
    5. Playing your favorite sports (e.g. football, basketball, soccer)
    6. Going to concert, sporting events for fun night out.
    7. Going to social gathering to meet new people.
    8. Traveling all over the world to see beauty of nature and amazing history of humankind.
    9. Helping people in need when you have time.
    10. Cultivating new hobbies (e.g. learning how to play guitar, saxophone, writing a novel, learning how to play golf, playing chess, learning how to cook, etc...)

I hope you incorporate some of the ideas to make your life exciting.

-Hank-

15. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

Money doesn't guarantee happiness, but being able to travel all over the world and do things such as scuba dive would definitely change my mood for the better and stop me from feeling so dreadfully bored all the time. Plus a lot of women want a man who is financially secure.

16. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

^
    Now right there, I concur. I wish it weren't so, but it's just a cold hard fact. As rule, women definitely gravitate toward the financially stable, and so applies the opposite.

Other observations in this thread:

Hank, of all that you listed this practice is incredibly potent. Getting outside of oneself, helping those in need--it is. For me, it is also rewarding.

And "One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life."

Wow! Powerful!

ToHelp

17. FR34K5H0W

FR34K5H0W Member

I'm 16. I can't do most of those for at least 5 years or so.
    I have hobbies. My point was, the things I used to enjoy are now not fun anymore. They don't excite me. Boring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.