Life is but a dream

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by Lorax, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Was it just a dream?
    The life i once had.
    The joy, and smiles that were once part of my daily life.
    The people i knew? Were they there?
    They tell me yes,
    Yet i feel it was but a dream of an ideal place.
    Certainly the pain is real.
    The pain that caries me to sleep,
    The pain that awakens me in the day.
    If but i could return to that place...
    Where joy was real.
    It feels as though life were a dream,
    Why did i have to wake up?
    If but to sleep once more,
    And wake to where i was..
    I would gladly sleep forever more.

2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

A fairly powerful poem - sounds like you have a hard time remembering the good times experienced through the current circumstances?

I do wonder if there is a way to devise a goal for getting to a newer version of that joyful pace though?

3. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

It's more that i honestly detached my self from my past. The times i remember it, it feels like it was just a distant dream.

I recall up till a few months past, i used to be happy. Happier than i've ever been. But the people i knew are gone. The things we shared just got put deep into my "wall" so it's like they were never there.

I want to know it was real, but it's near impossible to accept. Like your first house as a child, or your earliest friends. Or to a more dramatic extent, the shock phase of loosing a loved one.

I feel a lot of pain over how things have gone lately. But i just accept the pain, and repress all that i can.

I've tried hard to make a new joy in life. Honestly, i tried. But everyone is on me about my responsibilities. Trying to make my self happy, find a way to support my self, deal with my losses. All at once, i just end up sealing up from everything. So in a way.. I just want to wake up in the past, just before i found out how much was waiting.

I apologize for venting, i'm not sure where to go. Or if i should keep repressing and just set up my urgent priorities, mainly work.

4. meaningless-vessel

You don't need to apologize for venting.

A phrase I once heard - "A problem shared is a problem halved" - can make things easier. Bottling things up (sealing everything away etc), generally leads to "wondering what if?", or a "burst out of emotion", occasionally then heading towards others being distant. (being a touch stereotypical there, not everyone reacts in the same way)

5. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

it's a powerfull poem.

thanks for sharing

6. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Sometimes bottling it up is all you have. If no one can understand what you say. That being said, thank you for listening.

7. meaningless-vessel

This is true.

Yet through this community and its set up - you now have the option of letting it all out in your own way, through a Members Diary (where all members and staff can read but not reply) or a Members Private Diary (that only forum staff can read/not reply).

(See the Let it all out forum if you haven't already done so)

There is an outlet available :)

8. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Thank you, poetry has been a small "vent"

9. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

I haven't tried the diary yet. But it may be helpful. In my personal life, it's hard to get real understanding now. But i guess my friends haven't really had the same experiences either. So they offer support in their own ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.