Life is just too hard

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by losingbattle, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. losingbattle

losingbattle New Member

I'm surprised I've lasted this long (I'm 24) but have been suicidal off and on since the age of 12. I have had horrible life circumstances and poor health for most of my life. I have been socially isolated for years due to lack of social skills and mental illness.

I just can't take any more of it...
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm older than you, and I feel the same things about myself. I have also isolated myself because I don't really know how to talk to anyone. But being alone all the time doesn't help me to improve my social skills, so I know that can be a vicious circle. At this point, I just stopped caring, and I'm doing whatever will make me happy, or what I can enjoy. Is there anything that you like to do, any hobby that can take your mind off how you're feeling?
  3. I'm 28 and sometimes I feel like I'm hanging by a thread. I can't speak for naturally social people who feel left out as I have never felt that way. I feel blessed for that from what I've heard from guys on here who want relationships and can't find them. You're not missing much, if I might speak frankly and from my own perspective. I'm new here but people like you are the ones I have had the most in common with in my life. We don't don't know eachother but in my experience, people seem to be pretty far away as far as the purposes of this forum goes. Stick around and talk, man.
  4. losingbattle

losingbattle New Member

I'm a woman actually. I'm not talking about missing out on dating, I mean friendships.
  5. Kayama3

Kayama3 Member

Sounds a lot like except I'm 24 but male. Spent most my life isolated. On top of that I have nothing to look forward to and no one to turn to or even talk to. There's not one person I have and I'm without friends too. The loneliness cripples me more each day but it's so hard to change anything.

Are there any social places, gatherings, groups, meetups etc you think you can go to try and approach and meet people?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.