Life is like......

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Silvio, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvio

Silvio Well-Known Member

If you were asked to compare life to something, what would you compare it with?

To me, life is ultimately like a boxing ring. You're a fighter trying to overcome all the challenges and be victorious, however this is a perpetual match and you must endure all the pain, which is thrown at you through the punches of your opponent(metaphor for life and the challenges), you have to fight back with your mental and emotional strength to persist .You learn new techniques and get better and better, but your opponent may also get a lot more challenging to beat as well. You're on your own, you got your sponsor, the people who support you, but it's always up to you to execute anything and win, but in the end even if you are victorious, some asshole always takes more credit for it. Just my thoughts on what life can be best compared to.

Also the reason why I love boxing, such a deep sport and easily my favourite, but this isn't a "best sport" thread.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

it is like being in a hurricane so much caos everywhere things getting thrown at you noise to much stuff then on the occasional day quiet in the eye of the monster looking at it all just go round and round and you are waiting for the afterstorm when your sucked back into the caos again such distruction no regard for life at all
  3. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

nice idea... I love it...
    I always think of life like its so dark dark so dark...that u should go through it on your own...nobody helps...u walk on it then u die. THE END
  4. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

- Waiting for when new shythead come front of you and throw shyt on your face and laugh shytfull laugh and enjoy it.
  5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Life is a story and each person is the main character in his/her own story. There's a basic plot: live...die, but it's all the challenges, triumphs, good times and bad times, and how the person deals with them that make each person's story unique. (But I don't know why some people have lives like Gothic melodramas while others have fairy tale lives...?)
  6. Tastelikeblood

Tastelikeblood Well-Known Member

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get.
  7. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

an endless journey that never seems to end, filled with hatred, darkness and despair.
  8. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Life is like a dance contest. You practice and practice until you are skilled, and then you step onto the dancefloor. You can dance alone or with a partner. You go back and forth, to and fro, round and round and even if you're tired, you can want to keep going because its fun or stop because it isn't, and you're out of the contest. If you're christian you can use God as a judge, who watches everyones dancing and picks out the best to go through to the next round. Some may think the dance is stupid and quit, but most will enjoy it and see it through to the end. Make a mistake and people notice, and the more mistakes you make the more you may want to stop, but if you stop dancing how will you improve?
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2009
  9. Silvio

Silvio Well-Known Member

haha, yea I predicted that someone would say that.
  10. Tim.

Tim. SF Emoti-King

I've been thinking lately that life is like a book or story, kind of like Acy said. Except that I don't feel like the main character.

I feel like I'm just reading a story and watching all things that are happening, to me and to the world, without any control of what happens. Part of what keeps me going is that I want to see what happens, and sometimes that doesn't seem like enough.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.