Life is not a movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brân

i don't like me either
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Like many other people in the UK this month, I have been dragged, kicking and screaming (kidding, I'm a major sad-ass who thrives off being stressed and exhausted) off furlough and back into my natural habitat - which happens to be a cinema that I manage in a city. I was originally super psyched to be back but there have been so many mishaps and silly stories that I've accumulated during my very short time there.

In my defence, I have had 5 months off and have been thrown into 50+ hour weeks to help us get prepared for opening in 2 weeks, and I have clearly forgotten how to cinema. I will type below the stupid stuff I have done/any petty complaints about work and I encourage others to share their silly work stories so I do not feel like such a muppet.

So far:

• Forgetting how dark cinemas are and face planting walls I forgot existed at every corner - for extra effect, the thuds echo - thankfully I am mostly alone when I do this

• Having to remember my make up routine in the morning and looking like someone's dad trying out drag for the first time

• Forgetting that there are no windows in the cinema and it is HOT in the UK right now, my office is sweltering and I'm sweating, a LOT.

• On that note, we had a contractor visit work today to do some stuff and he came into my office and said "Oh wow, you're really hot" and to which my arrogant ass replied "oh, well thank you" - he meant my temp, I was sweating, and red faced (Sun's out, gingers in, people).

I will add as it happens, but please feel free to contribute :D

ravens

SF Supporter
I have been working this whole time but this morning I forgot which side of the truck the gas tank is on, then I almost paid with my debit card instead of the work credit card. I felt very stupid lol so definitely don't have to be out of work to be having blunders

Brân

i don't like me either
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Worked in very expensive brand new fancy shoes for work today - they've literally torn through my heels and I have the most red blisters I have seen in a long time. Wah

Wispiwill

There's a big metal bar behind me where I work on tills. No, really, it's massive. The kind of bar you have Superman bend to show how strong he is. Well, I have this tendency to keep walking into it. I've seen people visibly wince when I've done this. And I can't even blame coming back from lock down. I did this before lock down too.

Another thing I've done (although only once so far) - sometimes the new plastic notes that we have spring out of the till when it opens (especially if they've been folded). Honestly, it's like they don't want to be IN there or something. One time I bent down to pick one up and then hit my head on the till coming back up. I've been more careful since but I've probably just jinxed myself now.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
From what I have heard it will probably not be anytime this year for a normal routine, I am good with that I can work wearing next to nothing and under more than a few fans and sipping a beer or coke if I want to. :)

Wispiwill

I pictured all of that perfectly @Wispiwill lol Sorry you're a clutz hahaha Just kidding, just kidding. Thanks for the laugh.
No problem and you're right. I AM a clutz. I regularly walk into doors. Literally. Never gotten a black eye from it but I have managed to bruise my arms or even scratch them before now. I'm a walking accident (and since my parents weren't supposed to have me - that's technically true).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00