life is overrated

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by the man wth no name, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. what's so great about life exactly? people love to lecture me on why
    i shouldn't ctb but they fail to make an attractive enough prospect for
    me to continue. all these smug mental health professionals with their
    six figure salaries telling me i should be grateful. and some people
    might even bring god into it, just to scare you. the hellfire awaits
    me? after living on earth i'm not the least bit frightened. some
    people have told me that as a youth i have an "overwhelming need to
    conform to the harsh realities of life". says who? there is no "need"
    for anything. we all have a choice and i've made mine. as mark twain
    once said ""I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been
    dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not
    suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."

2. Robin

Robin Guest

God or no god, life really is a miracle, miracles are happening every day, we just take them for granted, just because the magic seems to have left our lives does not mean that it has left the world and although I myself live in misery a lot of the time I'd rather be miserable than nothing even though it would not inconvenience me, and as a plus if there is an all forgiving all loving god then our prospects in the after life improve immensely.

Life is an astounding gift, albeit a sometimes painful one, we could be wiped out by war, disease, asteroids or natural disasters and yet we still march on. We have the potential to reach a level of knowledge and understanding that allows us to help everyone who's ever lived before, given the chance of a continued miracle I have no doubt mankind will reach that goal.

It may be in our nature to be distrustful and hateful of things we do not understand but we are also capable of great acts of compassion towards ourselves and it is that which I believe will save us from ourselves.

3. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

Life is definetly a gift, I see it now, I only wish I could go back a few weeks

Seriously if you are healthy then learn to appreciate life because one day when when you are older you will look back and wish you appreciated life more, I assure you that

4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Life is truly a gift, especially if you have your health. Sure life is full of challenges, but that's what makes life worth living. Plus having a loving family sure helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.