Life is so meaningless!!!!

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Adam Randall Crest, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Randall Crest

Adam Randall Crest New Member

I can't live on with this insecurity. I think of myself as fat, ugly, and short. I am only 5'4. I don't have any friends and I lack any social skills to make them. I also have this fear of judgment. I feel like a prisoner in my own body. I just can't seem to be happy because there's nothing for me to be happy about. I feel like dying, but I need a easy way out. Life is just too painful for me to live.

2. EmptyLife

EmptyLife Well-Known Member

I agree. life is absolutely meaningless for me too. i have never been loved. i have been depressed since childhood. i have a cruel, uncaring family.
    For me, life is an emotional struggle each and every day.
    It is only the fear of death that keeps me from killing myself.

3. Mexapplethief

Mexapplethief New Member

Story of my life.

4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

I used to feel like that. then i started asking God to help me have confidence in the way He created me to look like. see, none of us created themselves. all those aspects of 'beauty' you just mentioned are socially constructed. the media can be so deceiving.

Slowly but surely, i started regaining my confidence in the way i looked. Here is a prayer that helps me:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change (how i look, what race i was born, family i was born into, my height e.t.c)and the courage to change the things i can (attitude of gratitude, for example, many physically handicapped folks are very confident. they know this body is temporary anyways) and the wisdom to know the difference.

Ecclesiastes 11:5
    Psalm 139:14 (the key phrase here is "that my soul knows very well")

do not waste your life trying to impress people by looking good to them. we all age sooner or later and become 'ugly' anyways, so there is no escape. beauty is like a flower.

read 1 Peter 1:24

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.