Life is the Crisis

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pit, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

What do you do about it? Like I said, I hate it when people point to the blind, the paralyzed, the maimed and say these people found the strength to move on and adapt to their situation and do the best they can so why can't you. All the more power to them, but my injuries aren't visible. People don't know how disturbed I am in my mind, and it's exhausting putting on a front for everybody. And when I come home at night with a pile of work to do, each and every night I wish I was dead. I want the pain and humiliation of living to be over. I'm sick of the isolation, but that's all I know.

:sad:

2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

My parents do that too sometimes too; I understand how frustrating that is for you. They often say something along the lines of "so-and-so had it this bad, and they made it through by doing X and Y. Why can't you do that too or weather the storm?" It's tough love, but it just annoys me. When I was feeling suicidal and they said that to me, I was furious.

:hugtackles:

3. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Yes, Alex, I would gladly trade mental anguish for physical injuries any time. Well, except for blindness. I know I couldn't deal with that.

4. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Maybe not if you somehow regained just a teensy weensy bit of hope that some of the pain and humiliation could subside. :)

5. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I think it's too late. I've shuttered myself away.

6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Then you need intervension and help to get back into life.
    Please visit your doctor, get something for the depression, when that is more undercontrol you will be able to think more clearly and perhaps set up some therapy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.