Life Is Worthless

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mooch74, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mooch74

mooch74 Well-Known Member

Life sucks and I hate it.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Heya, mooch74. Did something happen today to make things harder? Around if you want to talk.

3. mooch74

mooch74 Well-Known Member

Yes, the suicide of Kansas City Chiefs player Jovan Belcher. He was an undrafted guy who worked hard and made it. It hurts that so many accomplished people are so tormented that they'd do that. It is a shame that he killed his girlfriend and left their child orphaned. He had so much to give to the world versus me, someone who is nothing and worth nothing.

4. Acy

I'm sorry to hear about this...It is a tragedy that Jovan Belcher killed his gf, then himself and left their child orphaned. Very, very sad.

You are a lot more than "nothing and worth nothing." We can all compare ourselves to others and feel that we don't measure up to what they might have to offer. But that's hardly fair, is it? We are all different so no one offers the same things to the world.

You obviously have values about family or you would not feel for the young Belcher child. Those values are part of who you are and they're important! Be pleased that you can feel for that little person. Not everyone can or would. You've done a good thing today by telling us how you feel - you've raised awareness that family needs to be there for kids. You have made a difference today...even if you think you didn't.

5. LincolnToon

LincolnToon Member

Mooch, the world is rubbish at times; so much so so that we have no control of how our paths progress. I am from the UK and have trouble understanding the whole gun culture thing of the US, especially when there are so many examples of individuals resorting to shooting people following a dispute or misunderstanding. I'm sorry to disagree Acy; Jovan's suicide was frankly not a tragedy, it was a selfishly painful act that has began with the death of another person and also psychological issues for the poor sibling.

You yourself Mooch have your life ahead of you. Do not despair over TV celebrities (sports or otherwise), you are your own person. Mooch, you are you. Believe me, self worth is what you make and how you measure it. Never measure how you are based on the negative media focussed on celebrity.

6. Acy

LincolnToon, I guess my wording was sloppy. Any situation that would lead anyone to kill another person and then him/herself has a "tragic impact" on those left behind. In this case, it's obviously most tragic for the gf who was murdered and also for the child who is now orphaned. But also for the people who witnessed him killing himself, his gf's friends/family, his own friends/family...Really, I found the whole story sad and tragic, without condoning what he chose to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.