Life: likes and dislikes (for suicide survivors)

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by the_farewell_kid, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_farewell_kid

the_farewell_kid Well-Known Member

Hi all. For all the people who had attempted suicide in their life, how did you survive? And did you see some positive changes in your life after your first suicide attempt? What do you like about your life? And what do you dislike about your life? Please be as detailed as possible. Your answers will serve to a particular analysis of mine. :thanks:
  2. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

I am a survivor, and yes slowly I have seen positive changes. I am happy now that I did not have success.
  3. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I see no changes and want to do it again.
  4. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

I also see no change. I would still prefer to be dead than alive.
  5. the_farewell_kid

And I'm happy that you are still alive as well. :smile:
  6. the_farewell_kid

I wish you the best of luck for your life to get better. :hug:
  7. the_farewell_kid

Sorry that your life is still not better. I wish you the best of luck for it to get better. And I would prefer you to be alive than dead. :hug:
  8. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I am actually disappointed in what I did, did not work. I tried something a little bit different and got the idea from the news, did the same and it did not work, so unfair.
  9. Thinice

Thinice Well-Known Member

Since I survived, I've noticed no positive changes at all. My life is just exactly the same as when I tried to do it. I might try again soon, I don't know though.
  10. the_farewell_kid

Hi, Thinice. I hope your life will get better. If you are suffering from depression, there are lots of medications that might help you. You should also consider consulting a therapist if you are dealing with life's difficulties as well. Please don't harm yourself, you will get better.
  11. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

some days im glad that i survived, other days im not.. but there has been a big change in my life since my last attempt that keeps me hanging on and given me a reason to re-think
  12. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

eh, got pulled in by the police on one occasion, taken to the hospital on 2 occasions and was made sick on another occasion and put to bed.
    none at all. everything that was effecting was still there so if anything i felt weaker for surviving even though its technically means your stronger biologically in some way
    my cat, sf, helping people here, and my partner.
    whats happened to me, where i am in my life, my parents (unfortunately, i wish i had no reason for saying it), my 'aflictions', my lack of support, my incompitence, my attitude, self hatered, laziness, what i've done to myself in the past.
  13. the_farewell_kid

Thank you for your reply again, wheresmysheep. I'm sure you do have some competence. :hug:
  14. I saw positive changes, but I still want to do it. I think about it death every day. I am happy now, but I don't want to live. I'm scared of the future, what it might bring to. I can't do anything right.
    I like about my life that I have a really cool family and schoolmates. My sophomore year ruined my life in another school. That's what pushed me over the edge. So i changed school. I dislike the fact that finals are coming and I can't think of anything else and it's frustrating and the greatest problem is that I don't have friends to hang out with. It's like... I'm so shy that it's controlling my life. I'm scared of everything. I'm ugly and fat. I photoshop my pictures to look better. But i wish I looked that good IRL too.
    I've been thinking of trying to kill myself again, but then again i think that i have some unfinished business, but that will be finished, when i graduate from school. I think that's when i lose the reason to live anymore...
  15. the_farewell_kid

I hope you get a good job after you graduate and be happy with your life. You may need a therapist to talk to, they are like friends. They may help you find reasons to live. You're not alone, I don't have friends either. And don't worry about your appearance, you are who you are and we like you that way. You probably have a low self-esteem such as myself. Don't contemplate suicide, it's not a good idea.
  16. But I don't want to tell anything to a therapist, s/he is a stranger. I want a friend. There is one, but she will tell my mom. I'm pretty sure on that day when they were talking in private, my mom told her to let her know, when I mention anything bad. There is this other girl too, but i'm scared to tell her... like what would she think of me? and my third best friend, she knows it all...
  17. Warrior2089

Warrior2089 Active Member

Think of it in your mom's position. You love your kid very much and you want to know if they're ever feeling bad. Why do you want to know if they're ever feeling bad? Because you want to help them out so they feel better. Think, would you dislike your kid or feel weird around him just because he's feeling suicidal? Wouldn't you not care and just want him to feel better?

That's what your mom is thinking.
  18. I guess you're right.
    But then she is like so overprotective, that she wants to know where I'm going and what time I will be home. I also have problems with managing my anger, and being so overprotective makes me angry and that leads to fights. I hate myself so much for that. Like, when she asks me to do something for her, then I'm all like in bad mood and get angry. It just hurts me how mean I am to her, she is like such a good mother, but I can't help it.
  19. Warrior2089

Warrior2089 Active Member

I'm a bit mean to my mom too. My reason for that is I've always felt that I'm used by her. There's me, the youngest; my older bro, 2nd youngest; and my other bro, the oldest. My oldest bro hasn't ever been in a good emotional state his entire life (he's 20); my older bro is the "idol" of the family and he gets all the attention (National Guard member, masculine; enough that my mom will do anything for him). She just -pays all attention to him and they'll be talking in the living room and I'll be sitting here on the computer alone. And whenever she needs something done it's always ME that has to do it...not my older bro, not her...ME.

I guess that's why I don't like my mom, how about you?

20. My mom is probably the reason I live. I understood that recently, she means the world to me. But I'm mean to her, because I'm so stupid. Like, when she asks me nicely to do something for her, like the tiniest thing in the world, I get hella mad. Like, one day she asked me to look at the bus schedule and I got mad, because I had to like, click on a few links.
    And what still bugs me, is that like last year or two years ago I was sleeping. It was Saturday and she came in the morning to my room, smiling, and said that she made me breakfast. And I got mad, because it was 8 in the morning and Saturday and I told her, frustrated: "Like, why the f*ck do you wake me up this early in the morning for breakfast?". Then she said: "Okay, I'll put it on the table. Eat it when you get up." She said that still smiling and then she left the room. You have like no idea how bad I feel about it right now. Once I was thinking about it and crying like the whole day because I was so mean to her. And it still does make me cry when I think about it. I try to be nice to her, but I just can't. My bad mood just is, I can't control what I say.
    And there is this thing too that when my mom asks me to do anything then I get mad and will do it like I don't when, but when my stepdad asks me to do anything then it's like done instantly. I hate to do it, but I can't help it.
    I'm mean and then when I have said what I wanted to, then it just hurts me so bad. And I can't apologize, because I'm so ashamed and that will probably hit my ego.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.