Life sucks

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Johnnyc, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

It seems whether I meet someone in real life or online, they stab me in the back.
    I am done, I can not take it anymore,
    Here I am almost 37 years old and everyone except my mother and younger sister have let me down.
    Friends, well they all turn out the same no matter where they are from.
    I just want to die and alone.
    Why live with such little positive influence from what is supposed to be my peers.
    I am an outcast that does not belong with the rest of society.

Why am I here?

Through the evolution stand point I can survive anywhere but the modern I am a bother to most.
  2. alwayshalfway

alwayshalfway Member

I think that you're amazing though.
    This sucks. A lot. And its so freaking hard feeling so alone and misplaced but you've stuck it out til now which is crazy brave.

From your post it seems you can still rely on a few people in your life, and I know it feels like society is apathetic to you, but since your mother/sister haven't let you down yet, I think they care.
    I think you'll find a lot of people on these forums care too. I can't speak for them but I feel your loneliness, and it's so painful but at least you know someone else hurts like that too.

I don't want to be that person who's like "oh yeah I know what you mean", because I feel like we never really fully comprehend each other's feelings, but this sounds painfully familiar and I just want you to know that nothing lasts forever.
    Thats so unsatisfying, but its something to hold on to. I want you to be happy, you've gone through so much shit you deserve to be happy before you can't feel anything anymore.
  3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

^ good post alwayshalfway

yeah, there's too many people in the world who just do what they can get away with. It's not everybody though.

Having a mom and sister that care is something though. I haven't read any of your other posts, so I don't know too much about you. Sounds like you've had a lot of bad and unfair things happen to you, but still, having a couple people who care about you is a real blessing.

It may be that exploiters see that you are vulnerable and so they gravitate to you.

Maybe you could move to some other place. Not all places are the same. I don't think that NYC, or really the whole urban northeast is a good place for people to be for their mental health.

A therapist might be able to help you with some relationship skills. You can get better over time at figuring out who is a bad friend and who is a good friend.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.