Life, the beauty!

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by bhawk, Jan 3, 2012.

1. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

Right, im fed up of people being miserable when we are so amazingly privelaged.
    We need to remember we are born from stars, our bodies 13.7 billion years old, only the form is new. We are a part of the universe, a part which has the fortune to be AWARE of our part in the universe. Not only that, you are alive at the peak of human intelligence, we know so much and the information is freely available. You are so privelaged, you can go outside, look at the arm of the milky way in the sky and have the billions of stars shoot photons of light, millions of years across space and directly into your eyes!
    Not only that, nearly all energy on this planet can be traced to the sun. We are not only born from stars, nurtured by stars but we even run on star power!
    We have the technology to see more than our frail, flawed bodies naturally allow us to! We can see things from new perspectives.
    http://io9.com/5851078/a-stunning-time+lao-lof-icelands-nightless-summer

We now understand phenomena which once was thought only possible due to gods, the gods are now obsolete, the beauty of the world defies anything a god could ever conjure up from their bag of tricks
    http://www.greeksky.gr/files/photos/atmospheric/20110616Storm.jpg

Even i myself have been found guilty of not seeing the beauty on my own doorstep, it all comes down to perspective. I found a picture of a beautiful scene, which i instantly recognised as being a couple of miles from my workplace, all i needed to see the beauty in front of me was a fresh perspective
    http://www.johnrobinsonphoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/20110713-Gribdale-Gate_DSC6903-0099.jpg

There really is beauty everywhere we look, i remember being a young lad when i first encountered what is known as singing sands, a natural phenomena which means that due to the shape of the grains of sand and the pockets of air, the sand actually sings, it gives of sound! Furthermore, sand, such a simple thing yet when you look for beauty you can even see it in the grains of sand, trillions of beautiful pieces of art
    http://discovermagazine.com/photos/01-each-grain-of-sand-a-tiny-work-of-art?dupe

We think we are masters of this planet, stop for a moment and see how truly insignificant we are
    www.inpic.ru/pic/6292-bf605ead.jpg

Thats not to say we are not worth anything, we are a part of life! life is truly amazing, a seed, so humble can produce a seemingly flimsy plant, yet life persists, forcing its way through our concrete world, life will always persist no matter what is put in its way!
    http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/359479/359479,1241637154,10/stock-photo-a-plant-forcing-through-the-asphalt-29791255.jpg

While there is the life below us there is even life above us, we now know that there are living organisms living in the clouds, not one part of this rock we call earth has not been inhabited. Next time you leave the house, pay attention to how many birds you see, life took to the skies by its own steam, colonising every niche that exists
    http://www.happied.com/images/posts/211/original_nature5.jpg?1275543859

Life all evolved from the same abiogenesis, we are directly related to EVERYTHING in existence. We all share a common ancestor, yet through lifes perseverance it has took on amazing shapes and forms in order to progress further, to the extremes. Anglerfish reproduction shows the extremes, the male being vastly smaller than the female swims into the female biting onto and latching onto her, his body the gradually disintegrates into and becomes part of the female, untill all that is left is 2 testicles hanging of the female. Life is truly fascinating. Look at the barreleye fish for example, with a transparent head!
    http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/210/cache/fish-transparent-head-2_21052_600x450.jpg

The world is a truly amazing place, full of sights which we fail to go out and see which would enrich our lives so much more!
    photos.upi.com/slideshow/full/2dd083b83a56d98f150b61fd2a13a5ce/20-Striking-Natural-Disasters.jpg

The world holds wonders that even our imagination can not dream of. People spend their lives obsessed and engrossed in computer fantasy worlds when the true fantasy world is right outside our doors, look for example at the following creature, also known as blue dragons
    http://www.roboastra.com/hastslugs6/hpop19561.html

So basically my rant on here is to point out, the world out there is so full of beauty that we cant even comprehend and words even fail to describe it, so dont sit miserable caught up in a world of your own making. Go out and explore the planet that you are a part of. The earth is yours! fulfil your dreams and enjoy every minute of your life, realise how menial your problems are and love and laugh every day. Life is short, you could pack every day of your existence with wonder and awe. Love the world you are a part of!
    photos.lifeisphoto.ru/37/0/374521.jpg

One last thing to put on here, a video shared with me on this forum originally, a video that had a big impact on me, hopefully it will impact on you too, sharing some of the wonder of life with you!
    It lasts a while but it is worth the time spent watching it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6w2M50_Xdk

All my love,

Ben

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2012
  2. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but it seems like you're just cherry-picking the more appealing aspects of nature, and downplaying the truly hellish aspects of the human condition, which are still very much alive and well. I too enjoy looking at the stars, contemplating our origins, and cherishing the many beautiful things in my life; I am glad that these things make you happy to be alive. I would never for an instant take that away from you or from anyone else. But let's not ignore the fact that existence is also full of all kinds of horrific suffering, and that asking someone who's gotten the shit end of the stick to simply appreciate the "precious gift" they've been given, while they're starving to death or being eaten by parasites or getting beaten by their parents or being raped or tortured or sold into slavery or any of the other myriad factors that may cause one to lose some of their appreciation of puppies and sunsets, is just plain cruel.

I realize that this is the "Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages" section of the forum, but I feel it would be irresponsible of me to just let unchecked life-worship go unchallenged.

3. Baldr

Baldr Moderator Staff Member Safety & Support

Mortal Moon has a point, but I think too many of us already know about these 'stains' in this world, and not enough look at the true beauty there is to be found.
    I myself somewhat forgot that there is true beauty in this world, and you remembered me of that bhawk, thank you.
    Also, I truly loved the pics/vids!

4. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

5. Sais

Sais Well-Known Member

Re: Enjoy The Ride!

Thank you for this thread I think it was needed, I had the impulse of posting something like it a few times myself.

6. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

I could just as well make a post about all the crappy things in life and all the suffering it brings.

7. Baldr

Baldr Moderator Staff Member Safety & Support

I think that would only make people sadder though, and I don't think that would be a good idea on this forum

8. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

I never said it would be a good idea or that I would do it, just trying to prove a point that there are just as many bad things as there are good things, if not more. So making a thread about one or the other is kind of pointless when you look at the big picture

9. Aquarius123

This is a feeling I very much share. The following is a small contribution from me:​

Are you aware that each one of us in their own way is a special and unique being? Just imagine in the entire history of the whole of Creation there has never been and never will be another being quite like you and me! Our eyes, hands, hair, handwriting, smile, voice and mind are unique to us. No-one walks, talks, thinks, acts or even meditates exactly the way we do. Nobody can paint our brush strokes or has exactly the same taste as we have for food, music, dance and other artistic endeavours. Nobody can perceive things quite the way we do; and no-one can feel our feelings. There has never been someone who laughs exactly the way we do, and what makes us laugh or cry, can have quite a different effect on someone else.

We are all different from everybody else who ever walked the Earth, and we are all specially gifted in some way. Even if others pursue the same creative activities as we do, everybody has their own special and unique way of expressing themselves. In the course of our evolution as individuals and through many lifetimes, we all have developed our own set of abilities. There always will be someone who is better than we are, at one thing or another; and everyone is likely to be our superior at least in one way. But do not overlook that this is valid for each one of us.

Every human soul has been provided by our Creator with a different set of gifts and talents. They have taken many lifetimes to develop and it is important to be grateful for them, to take good care of them and further develop them, to the best of our ability. The whole range of that which has been bestowed upon us produces a vibration and a sound that is uniquely our own. The entire human race is like a room that is filled with billions of musical instruments. Listening to the symphony they are producing together, it may seem to us as if some of the instruments in some way sounded better than ours. Don’t be disturbed by this, because it’s due to the fact that every instruments is a unique creation, to ensure that no-one matches exactly anyone else’s sound. No matter how hard they may try, it’s impossible!

We are all tiny particles of a vast whole, and the functioning of one is as important as that of all the others for the wellbeing of the whole. Every single one is rare and precious in the eyes of the One who created us. And whatever we imagine this being to be, even the greatest sceptic is bound to admit that we and our world cannot have appeared out of nowhere. Our Creator holds the Great Plan of life in His/Her loving hands and designed us to be exactly the way we are.

We are not some kind of a random and haphazard appearance or cosmic joke. We are in this life so that we may learn to love, appreciate and accept ourselves, just the way we are, because that is the way the Great White Spirit, who is our true Father/Mother, loves us and wants us to be. We all contain the seed of perfection, but all we have to do is give of the best we are capable of. Doing this in all situations, we gradually bring forth ever more of our Divine qualities from within the very core of our own being.

Wherever we may find ourselves, we are always in the right spot and at the right time. We are there so that we can do our share of making our planet a better, happier, more peaceful and beautiful place for all its inhabitants. And each one of us was created to fulfil one specific task on the Earth plane, some kind of a job that can only be carried out by us and which is rightfully ours. To find it, it is essential that we follow the inner guidance of our natural inclinations. We need learn to dream our own dreams and to pursue them, not those of others, no matter how dear they may be to us, even parents or grandparents.

From ‘You Are Special‘

With love and light,
    Aquarius

:hug:​

10. Aquarius123

Each has to develop their own philosophy of life

Each Has To Develop Their Own Philosophy Of Life​

In the final analysis every human soul, during it stays on the physical plane of life, is bound to be a needy one. Everybody’s desire for finding a better understanding of the purpose and meaning of our present existence is great. After all, the reason for finding ourselves on the Earth plane is that we should gradually grow into ever more enlightened beings. Each one of us eventually has to find and develop their own philosophy of life that sustains them through the inevitable ups and downs of life.

For now, may it suffice to say that in simple terms it means an inner awakening and a recognition of who we truly are, of who and what God is and what our role is within God’s great plan of life. In my view, what we and our world need most of all is a renewal of understanding, a fresh approach to life and faith, in other words a change of consciousness; and that is precisely what we and our world are presently going through. On the individual and collective level the spiritual rebirth of humankind is taking place. Everybody is involved in this process and slowly but surely, with every new bit of learning we gather, each through their own experiences, we are all becoming enlightened beings.

Without a reasonably good perception of these things, Earth life will always remain a difficult and scary experience, no matter what kind of a brave face anyone tries to put on. I am but one of countless souls who are working tirelessly – in many different ways – behind the scenes of life on raising the level of consciousness of humankind. Through our joint efforts slowly but surely, one tiny step at a time, we are all moving forward together. I believe that much more rapid evolutionary progress is possible all those who are willing to search into the higher spiritual background of all life, to find a better understanding of their own existence within it.

It is a fact that we are all soul and spirit. Through the suffering of past ages and the present time, our souls have grown mightily and at long last we have reached the evolutionary level for becoming aware again of our spirituality and developing it. This is a journey of discovery and I can think of no better way of starting it than by asking myself: ‘Why am I here and what am I doing with my life? What are my beliefs? Do I have any faith in life; do I trust it?’ And there lies the crunch! More than anything else we and our world require a new approach to faith. But then, what is faith? We shall discuss this in another chapter.

Speaking of spirituality, I do not mean communicating with those who have passed into our other world; the dead, as some may call them. To me, the dead ones – spiritually that is – are those who have not yet woken up to their real nature. Having experienced first hand the darkness of not knowing who I truly am and what this life is all about, I know how frightening that is. I found it deeply comforting to become aware that we are never alone and that we are all spiritual siblings in the vast family of the whole of life, because it is true that on the inner level we are all one. More than anything else in this world, I love sharing the light I have found and still am finding with as many as possible of you, my spiritual family. My greatest reward will be if some of that light helps the odd one here and there to leave the dungeon of their spiritual darkness.

The spirit of the Universal Christ spoke through the Master Jesus in St. John 8:31-32: ‘Then Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him: If you abide by my word, you are truly my disciples and you will know the truth and that very truth shall make you free.’ He was telling us – even then – that through finding out again about our own true nature, that of God and of our relationship with God, we would eventually be able to release ourselves and our world from the great wheel of fortune which is ruled by the Divine law of Karma.

From ‘War And Peace Between Nations’

With love and light,
    Aquarius​