Life

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Axiom, Jun 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Yeah, I don't get it. How do you see it?

2. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

That's quite a question. One could say it's *the* question!

For me, life is just something live, plain and simple. People should do the best they can to make their lives good, productive, and enjoyable while it last. In my view, there's no real way to ever know what's beyond or what ulterior meaning there is to it all, so the best thing anyone can do is make the most of their lives in whatever way they want, so long as they let others do the same.

3. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

Life is an abstract idea of self-replicating devices and embodied manifestations of this idea are dime-a-dozen on Earth. The purpose of all this life is to survive by adapting to the environmental niche each lifeform is best adapted to already.

4. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

One could say that the basic biological purpose of life is simply to survive long enough to continue life. Everything else beyond basic survival and procreation is really just flair :p

5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Life for me is good health, and health has always been my goal since I came out of hospital.

Life and living is something many are scared of?

6. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Life to ME is an opportunity to learn from and about our creator, our history, and our future. I used to have questions about everything and I received all the answers and more from my faith. Now I DO get it, but I used to be in the same boat as you. In your time I am sure you will be enlightened. It depends on you really. Blessings..

7. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

You know what gets me. If you can be the audience and the cast of yourself, eventually you will believe the performance cast wanted you to believe. Im still looking for the next performance to cast for myself, and im running tired of performing. Nothing feels right, it's just heavy.
    Obviously getting past the heavy feeling is what it is all about for me at the moment. Im not really looking for new ideas to believe and try out.

So I suppose that what life is all about for me right now, just getting past the heavy feeling and trying constantly to find the strength to trying new things.

8. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Incase anyones curious, I basically mean that, I create my own motivation by "simulating" ideas/dreams and kinda just see where they take me. Actually it's like one constant moral play that's been built up since I was a kid, and torn down and reconstructed with the more understanding and experience I encompass. Introducing/humoring concepts like "survive long enough to continue life", and seeing how I sit and grow with them, while attemping to understand the concepts of "time" and in this example, how time relates to procreation and survival. And from the combination of these two concepts, trying to see how I would feel looking back on my life if this is how I lived it.

Obviously there are now so many concepts floating about, I can't rememeber much. Ive only got my feelings of the concept lingering about, but feelings are so bloody hard to analize.. it's becoming harder to take a feeling and see its associated reasons and (most importantly) concepts that in alot of instances are the reasons for the feelings.

Like.. um. It's like a situation, where someone will enjoy the experience from the beginning to the end without a hiccup. Whereas, if he tweaked a concept that involves the situation that he is experiencing, and chose to take a different stance on the concept, he might ultimatly feel different through that experience because he has changed his stance on that concept.
    ..Basically I just find it hard to connect the concept with the feeling sometimes. That's all I mean about it getting heavy, because Im constantly regaining my strength to "remember".

And after all that, I don't believe that there is on concept or paragraph that can encompass life. Even the combination of concepts, ... that's all subjective to what sort of person you want yourself to be. You can be just as content on one portion of a concept as you would be on another, so I don't particually think concepts are part of the answer to understanding some aspect of life.

I suppose I won't until I know how to approach life. Spiritually? Scientifically? Fuckity? Funity? Punishment lol? Sometimes trying to understand it is punishment in itself... Maybe it's something we can never Begin to find out until we are everything and nothing.

So anyhow. It would be nice if my random jabber hasn't killed this thread or turned people off. Im noticing that a little bit. Id love to hear some crazy notions from some people :) And some rational ones from others.

9. Pow

Pow Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone is suppose to get life.
    But for me it's living it to the fullest and I know that sounds cliche but I can't find any other reason for it.
    We are all born into this world and have our own talents and ideas and it's our choice to do what we want with that talent or expand and make the ideas or dreams real.
    Also that there will be obtacles we will face and it's part of life to get over the obstacles even if it seems huge.
    Basicly, we we're given time to spend on this place/earth whatever you want to call it to do whatever we wish to do with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.