Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Danny_boy, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Danny_boy

Danny_boy New Member

To me, life is a kid's birthday party you only got invited to because their Mom felt sorry for you.

You go, sit in a corner, and watch everyone, watch them playing games you don't understand, watch them laugh at some inside joke, watch them reminisce about some event you have no recollection of.

No one's interacting with you. Oh sure, a few will drop by, if only out of pity, maybe they'll even drop a "compliment", "Oh.. heh heh, funny...joke" "Oh that's a nice..shirt you got there", but in the end, you know the truth. They don't want there. And why should they, who needs you, the awkward kid, you don't belong there. You're nothing but a burden, a distraction.

You know when you're not wanted, and so you put on your coat and walk to the door. And then they all come at you, " Ah, don't leave now, the parties just started" "Don't feel you have to leave now". Whether it's the fear their mom will scold them for "scaring" you, some strange courtesy, out or the ever present pity, they don't want you to leave either. Not that they actually care, not that it'd really make a difference to them if you went home, no, they just don't want the guilt.

So, it has dawned on me that I really have two choices, I can wait it out, spend the party the parasite in the corner, or I can save myself the misery and just leave.
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

thats a very good analogy ..I can relate to that....
    I hope you decide not to leave though.....