Light bulbs, soap and pot handles

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by shades, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I'm hoping some of you with a background in chemistry or the sciences in general (I have some background but not enought for this) can help me understand a couple of things here:

1) Light come they only last a certain amount of hours, and not many hours at that? What's with the tiny filaments, cant they make em bigger?

2) come it's disappearing faster than it used to...they used to last a few months, now it's like what...10 showers and you need a new bar of soap?

3) Pot handles...they fall off after about what, a year or two...they used to last 10.

Of course this is for laughs becuase we all know that they (the manufacturers) can make these items better but won't so that they can accummulate ever increasing profits

It's simple...hire NASA for all of you think they send up Space Shuttles with bulbs that are going to blow out any second. Shit...they build machines that fly through superheated plasma at incredible speeds.

What about the International Space Station? Is that put together the same way a pot and handle are? I think not!! I'm not sure that NASA can help with the soap though!

Oh, just a couple more for now...has anyone noticed that "tin foil" and paper plates are the width of tracing paper. You now need about 6 paper plates to make up what one used to be about 10 years ago. If it weren't true I'd be

Anybody have some more of these????
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

The soap one made me laugh out loud!
    So true!

Toilet Roll also. Why does it go down so quickly? Are we just wiping more efficiently to avoid skid marks (I know, I can't believe I just said that) or are they genuinely giving us less because it's all bouncy and thicker and cushioned and softer blah de blah blah blah, and they expect us to use less?

My light bulbs last forever! But I get the feeling they are sucking out a HUGE amount of energy though! (Eeek Co2)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.