Lightning Strikes Twice

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by mobyhead, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mobyhead

mobyhead New Member

My mom committed suicide in 1982 when I was 15. I found her body. Then last night I discovered that one of my brothers committed suicide. With my mom it was a total surprise. Hindsight yes there were signs but it was too late. With my brother he was in a hospital in February for having suicidal thoughts. While there his wife asked him for a divorce. He really kept to himself these past few months with limited time with 2 of my other brothers. I live about 3 hours away myself. Now I need to get packed up to attend his funeral. He leaves behind a son 10 and daughter 8. This is sure to open up old wounds for my family.

I look forward to reading your posts as I try to come to terms with this tragedy.

2. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

Mobyhead, welcome to the forum, and I am terribly sorry for both your tragic losses. I hope that we can provide you with the support you need, or whatever it is you have come here looking for :arms:

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :hug:

I am so sorry for your losses, I hope you find the help and support you need here.

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I hope we can help provide you with the support you need to come to terms with what has happened in your family. My PM box is open if you need someone to talk with or listen to you. Take care. :hug:

5. mobyhead

mobyhead New Member

Thanks guys. Sunday evening I was looking around the net to figure out what kind of memorial site I could create for my mother. Then I sent my brother a text saying that I loved him. Little did I know he was already deceased. He was in his apartment for 2 days before they found him.

6. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about you losses.

Welcome to the forums, I hope things get better from this point on.

7. Jasonfine27

Jasonfine27 Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry to hear about your Mother and Brother. I have lost a Father to suicide in September. I know there is no one thing I could say to you that would make you feel better. I just hope that with time you will be able to come to terms with the tragedies that have befallen you. I wish you and your family the best. You are in my prayers. If you ever need to talk, Just PM me. Wishing you all the best,
    Jason

8. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

9. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

:hug:I am very sorry you lost both your mom and your brother to suicide. The death of a loved one is hard enough, but taking one's own life is even worse. We always wonder "why?". And we always feel guility that we couldn't do anything to prevent it.

I hope you will come here as often as you need to let your feelings out. There is a lot of support from the members here. We're to help hold you up until you are strong enough to stand on your own. I just hope you're not blaming yourself. That won't bring them back and will only place a heavier burden on you.:sad:

love and hugs, :hug:

least

10. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

im so sorry to hear about your loss.
    Having lost a close member of my family to suicide i understand how it tears your life apart.

i hope you find the support you need here .

11. woundedgirl

woundedgirl Member

My thoughts are with you. Take care and know your not to blame.

12. mobyhead

mobyhead New Member

Thanks guys. I guess he had an old life insurance policy that will actually pay out. I am a bit surprised by that. Also there is a place in Chicago that will take his old sweathshirts and make them into teddy bears for his children. I thought that was kind of nice.

13. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

Thats a nice rememberance for/of him. My heart goes out to you. There are a lot of very loving supportive people here, please keep posting.
    kD

14. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your losses. Losing family is so hard and brings much grief.

I hope you can find strength and live on.
    Knowing your pain it is easier to overcome it.

15. mobyhead

mobyhead New Member

Spoke with my brother last night. He and some family members went to his apartment to clean up. It was a gruesome scene. It was an OD and the bed was full of bodily fluids. If you are suicidal get help. Nobody realizes how it can traumatize the survivors in more ways than one. It took me several years of therapy to get over my mother and now this happens. I think I am better prepared to handle this situation from all the grief counseling I have taken. I will post again next week after the funeral.

TTFN (ta ta for now)

16. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

welcome to SF x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.