Like a Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojo777

So I just went to my friends open house and basically knew nobody there. I have social anxiety disorder as well so that didn't help much. I hope Im not the only person out there who feels like this but half of the time it's like I don't even exist. Nobody even talks to me or looks at me, like I'm just a ghost wandering about someplace where nobody can see or hear me.

Not to mention, I just took a vacation and my mom feels that I have no way of passing my college class now. Right mom, thanks for calling me idiotic yet again, appreciate it. She's probably right though, I have a project due on Monday and I haven't even started it yet. Great.

I know how you feel, I suffer pretty badly with my S.A.D and feel like I am ignored most of the time. I wish I could give you some advice..but all I can do for now is give you a virtual hug *hug*

lachrymose27

Thats how I am sometimes, especially the part where i'm told i'm idiotic by own relatives. Sometimes I say something but noone hears, so i just go back to being quiet. Maybe your parents aren't supportive of your depression.. so try to be stronger for yourself.

So I just went to my friends open house and basically knew nobody there. I have social anxiety disorder as well so that didn't help much. I hope Im not the only person out there who feels like this but half of the time it's like I don't even exist. Nobody even talks to me or looks at me, like I'm just a ghost wandering about someplace where nobody can see or hear me.

Not to mention, I just took a vacation and my mom feels that I have no way of passing my college class now. Right mom, thanks for calling me idiotic yet again, appreciate it. She's probably right though, I have a project due on Monday and I haven't even started it yet. Great.

Moat

Banned Member
People call me an idiot all the time, but I do not let that get to me anymore. When they say I couldn't do simple things, like pass a test in high school, I made sure I did everything I could to pass. When they told me I was an idiot for not wanting to go to uni because I would not have a good financial future, I proved them wrong when I took up freelance journalism. When people called me an idiot because I said I wanted to walk around the whole of Australia for a year, I proved them wrong and that I could do it (and I have).
Insults and/or derogatory remarks from other people are just words and, in my life, have no standing on what you can accomplish if you put your mind to a task.
Social anxiety disorder I always have suffered from, at least since I was 14 and seems a pretty sick and twisted joke when it's referred to in the medical profession as S.A.D. (like there isn't enough to contend with!) but mostly, I try not to let it bother me these days. Sure I might not be popular or have most people look at me even once, yet I still attempt to do something, even if it is just to walk down the aisle backwards in a train or sit on top of the roof at work. You would be quite surprised at just what attracts certain people to you and can help form lasting friendships... even if your approach is a little less than ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00