Like You

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by mlxjaded, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlxjaded

mlxjaded Well-Known Member

Like You

And even though I hate you
    I just want to be like you
    'Cause I already hate myself
    It would be nothing new
    So just give me chance
    Give me a clue
    And I'll be nothing you thought you knew
    Because when I'm at a loss for words
    You always pull through
    Giving me something to envy
    To aspire to
    So maybe one day long overdue
    I'll finally be good enough to be like you

Wrote this about happy people/normal college students.

2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

I wish I were like the people you describe. But in a sense, I always think to myself that we have been down in the depths of despair.. a different kind of down.. something unknown to them because they haven't experienced that. That goes for many people. And I guess we have the ability to completely relate to people who are suffering like we do at times. But, it is really hard for me (and perhaps others) to feel good about going through what we go through. I really don't know what it's like to be happy/normal/insert synonym. More power to them. Some are pretty nice guys/gals.

P.S. I like your poems. This one provides so much food for thought.

3. mlxjaded

I kind of wrote it in a half-serious/half-mocking kind of way. I want to be one of those people but is it worth being so blatantly ignorant? That was kind of my thought throughout this one.

4. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

That question's a tough one. I dream of being happy, but I don't want to be arrogant. But, I guess I still am ignorant about many things going on in the world, yet I don't want to be ignorant about other's suffering. However, I still am ignorant about just what kind of suffering goes on elsewhere in this world, as I'm so limited in what I am exposed to... It's complicated.. I didn't make the choice though.

5. mlxjaded

I understand what you're saying wholeheartedly. It's a choice that's pretty much being made for me, though. I can never be one of those people because I don't ever let myself. I don't know..I've written so much tonight I don't have any words left. Thanks for reading them all. I really appreciate it! :)

6. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

My pleasure, Mike! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.