Lil Wayne on suicide watch ... for fellow prisoners

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by twc, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twc

twc Well-Known Member

Recently incarcerated rapper assigned job of observing suicidal inmates at Rikers Island prison

Sean Michaels, Thursday 8 April 2010 11.18 BST

Lil Wayne has a new job. The rapper, presently serving a one-year jail sentence, has picked up a gig at his Rikers Island prison, observing suicidal inmates.

"He likes the job even though they don't pay him much," Antonia "Toya" Jackson, the mother of one of Weezy's children, told Us Weekly. "They got him on suicide watch for other prisoners. He watches the crazy prisoners and makes sure they don't kill themselves."

This is certainly a change of pace for Lil Wayne, born Dwayne Michael Carter Jr, one of hip-hop's strangest stars. Clearly, we mustn't be fooled by the 27-year-old's goblin grin – he is also a hit-maker, a businessman, and serious-minded enough to care for his fellow inmates.

Though Lil Wayne clearly doesn't need the money, he can certainly use the distraction. A man cannot live by blog alone. Furthermore, a job may help him to secure an early release.

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I bet he is gonna just LOVE that!

No doubt he'll use the experience for his lyrics once he's released, which is kinda shitty.
  3. twc

twc Well-Known Member

He might...I don't know enough about him to say.

I thought it was interesting, though, that they put a celebrity prisoner on the suicide watch. The idea being that a famous person would draw more attention, and that might help the other prisoners.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.