Lily the Pug

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Kiba, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Found out today my parents had to put my first dog down Tuesday.. It hurts.. even though I haven't seen her in years.. I miss her snorts, sneezing on me when I walked in the door.. Cuddling with me at night when I slept.. Watching Star Trek marathons with me when I used to watch TV..

She was fairly old.. Had cancer, was having trouble breathing.. I know she is in a better place now.. Ijust wish I could have saw her again before she passed on..

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/331/0017z.jpg

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

How adorable hun i am sorry for your loss hun but you are right she is in a better place now hugs

3. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I am sorry to hear about your dog..

I've lost many wonderful pets over the years, the most memorable being my cat Smokey, may she rest in peace. Without that cat to comfort me throughout my tumultuous childhood, I might not be alive today. She used to sleep next to me in my bed as well; she could always tell when I was sad, and she would come to comfort me. They say that cats don't care about their owners, but she was a definite exception.

Like your Lily, I wasn't able to see my Smokey again before she died. That cat was with me for most of my childhood, and she died a few short years after I left home. You have not only my sympathies, but my empathy as well, as I know how it feels to lose a beloved pet after leaving them behind.

Side note: I used to love watching Star Trek: TNG. It was one of my little escapes from an otherwise miserable life.