Limbaugh and Coulter and Beck, Oh My!

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Mikeintx, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I have no respect for Limbaugh or Coulter because the demeaning language they use about other people. I'm not familiar with Beck.
  3. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

4. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

5. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

filthy disgusting draft dodging chickenhawk immoral nazis

some limpballs quotes:

"Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream"

"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice
    tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis,
    Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or
    multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?'
    We all know what was chosen" (TV, Feb. 23, 1994).

" Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies"

"Why should Blacks be heard? They're 12% of the population.
    Who the hell cares."

"One of the things I want to do before I die is conduct the
    homeless olympics...the 10-metre shopping cart relay,
    the dumpster dig, and the hop, skip, and trip."

"The only way to reduce the number of nuclear weapons is to use them.

"Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them, and send them up the river, too." --in 1995

"This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones initiation...I'm talking about people having a good time, these people, you ever heard of emotional release? You ever heard of the need to blow some steam off?" --on the Abu Ghraib prisoner abuse scandal

&&&&&&& There is one where he says that students from a Femal high school in SF who were doing charity for the homeless were doing it just to get some........ I cant find it though

etc etc etc..............

"We just want the Jews to become perfected"

This is fricking sick. What a sick culture. I can't look anymore up......... I think Im going to puke

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2009
  6. GabrielConroy

GabrielConroy Well-Known Member

I think its funny how some people rely more on social exclusion and insults than reasoning to make their political point

This applies pretty equally to "both sides" of the political spectrum
  7. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

With all the conflicting facts, misrepresentations and outright lies perpetually thrown back and fourth between the American right and left wing pundits I just play it safe and watch Sesame Street. :)
  8. GabrielConroy

Glad to know I'm not alone in that regard. :smile:
  9. bluegrey

10. Bob26003

OK, so we should just sit back and be tolerant of sexism, racism, classism and every other form of hate and discrimination?

I disagree.............

Howard Zinn: You can't be nuetral on a moving train.
  11. GabrielConroy

There isn't any sexism, racism, or classism on Sesame Street
  12. Bob26003

The people suffering do not have the luxory of living on sesame street....

this stuff is really happening.

the rich are getting richer, the poor are getting poorer......... Gays still grow up thinking there is something wrong with them.... People are still sleeping on the streets..... Families still losing homes etc etc

Just look the other way? Pretend its not real?

thats not cool
  13. GabrielConroy

If everyone just watched Sesame Street all day like I do then no one would be outside doing racist, sexist, and classist stuff

I am living the revolution
  14. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Those three are so populist, petty, and incredulous that they shouldn't merit any serious consideration whatsoever. Furthermore, their seething bigotry (namely Limbaugh and Coulter) and lack of professionalism discredits anything theyre usually baseless, angst driven points.

There are plenty of other conservativest that make well-intentioned points and statements worth being challenged. This trio is far from that level. The fact that they attract the following they do perturbs me to no end.
  15. Bob26003

rush, coulter and beck all push a similar undercurrent that drives alot of their following

racism, classicsm, sexism, hatreds of all kinds

they appeal to the basest human emotions .......

So what can you do with that but call it what it is?

those people know what they are supporting, they know what rush means when he says

[To an African American female caller]: Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.

or "Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream"

how can you debate that

you cannot.

nor can we lend it any validity by acting as if it is some sort of honest journalism or acceptable viewpoint

It deserves to be scourned
  16. Bob26003

Do you realize millions and millions of people listen to limbaugh...........

I think that is very scary and very sad

and frankly...... dangerous

next thing ya know it will be acceptable to say "lets go lynching" or "we dont hire women" or "we have to do something with all these poor people"

hell they allready say "they deserve it"

17. bluegrey

As of this moment, the rich are getting poorer along with the poor, virtually every developed country's economy is in a recession for stupendously complex reasons.

Gays, thank God, are becoming more and more accepted as perfectly normal and worthy human beings. The Gay community is very competently represented by many high circulation publications and even have a channel, Logo I think, devoted to the homosexual experience.

Homelessness is a tragedy with no easy solution considering it's causes- the majority of the homeless have either psychiatric or chemical dependence issues. There are many humane and dignified homeless intervention programs- my alcohol dependent Brother is presently benefiting from one. He is being given counseling, has his belongings kept in a public storage facility, is given a voucher to help him with rent and is receiving foodstamps. By the way he served his country for six years in the US Marines.

Many families here in the United States are facing foreclosure, again for stupendously complex reasons. Whether the family bought a house during the height of the real estate bubble when RE values were hyperinflated or if a family was the "beneficiary" of an overreaching government program that forced a bank to give them a mortgage they were hopelessly unqualified to satisfy. This foreclosure crisis is very tragic and not to be resolved anytime soon with so much greed, misinforming of the public and political grandstanding stalling realistic solutions.

Big Bird just makes the most sense these days :smile:.
  18. GabrielConroy

Words of wisdom my friend :)

I think that posts such as these are more conducive to constructive conversation than those focused on lambasting or praising particular individuals. The focus should be on the issues and not on the politicians or members of the media.

All the issues plaguing us today e.g. intolerance, economic inequality, and general economic struggle are vastly more complex than most make it out to be and beyond the ability of any one individual to understand. Each issue must be tackled as a community and cannot be left to one person or group solely. Economics and politics is an attempt to condense the entirety of every distinct and different individuals life into one structure which is an impossible task.

Big Bird is comforting in such times. When our problems are beyond our capabilities.
  19. Bob26003

This is not ONE person man. This is an ideology that is thriving in this Country.

a deep seated and deeply engrained ideology.

and if you sleep on it......... it will come right back

have you seen the signs at the recent tea parties? Can you sense the undertones?

Homeland Security Report Warns Of Rising Right-Wing Extremism
  20. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

LOL :thumbup:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.