List

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by swimmergirl, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

I just finished making a list of the pros and cons about Whether or not I am better off dead?

Hard to ignore what I knew to be true now that I see it in black and white.

It almost makes sense now, like why wouldn't I do it? I would be a fool not to.

But what if I am wrong?
    What if? What if? so many what ifs.....

2. Starkissed

Starkissed Member

I don't think you should kill yourself. There are a lot of things that you don't see right now. I don't want you to kill yourself. If you need to talk about anything, please feel free to PM me. I'm a great listener...reader?

3. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Well you've got to remember that you're upset right now and may not be thinking clearly. Maybe you're overemphasizing your cons. How about you ask your friends to make the same list. You may be surprised.

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I've written lists before on the pros and cons of taking my life. But the way you phrased it seems to say something else. You said "better of dead." Is this list based on thinking you are a burden? What's going on hun :hug:

5. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Hi, firstly I'd like to say I'm sorry that you're in such a degree of stress as to write this list. I've attempted such a list in the past. I think the key bit you wrote is 'It almost makes sense now'. How about writing a list of "Whether I am better off alive" written from the perspective of what you think your friends would say? I don't know you, but there's no way I'd call you a fool for carrying on living in the presence of doubts, I'd call you brave and inspiring.

6. BriGuy

BriGuy Antiquities Friend

What if you have NO friends anymore to make a list?? What if the people you thought were your friends have all abandoned you... most of them probably vanished because they didn't feel I was worthy of being a friend any longer... kinda makes ME wonder...

7. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Nobody dies alone. Even when you aren't close with somebody anymore they react to news of your death. People who abandon you aren't your friends. I know how shitty that feels. Personally, my problem seems a bit different...I never had problems making friends...I just have problems giving a damn about life, and I suppose people pick up on that cause nobody is interested in dating me :tongue:.

But you feel bad when you hear an old friend died. And your coworkers, family, and old friends will feel really bad if they hear you offed yourself.Is

8. BriGuy

BriGuy Antiquities Friend

Yeah... I get that people who 'hear' will react... but as far as getting someone to make a list... the only person I have would be my mom, and she is a little prejudiced... so as far as getting friends to make a list... who should create one for someone like me? There is no one. There may be people who show up out of the woodwork after I'm gone... but nobody wants to be around when I am alive!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.