Little brothers.

Discussion in 'Bullying and Violence' started by Corieh Infected, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corieh Infected

Corieh Infected Well-Known Member

I've noticed it, and maybe it's only in my house and with my friends, but I get bullied worse by my brother than I ever have been my anyone else.

My little brother gets set off by the littlest things. Just a few minutes ago I was joking around and sprayed freebreaze on his shirt, and he freaked out. Called me a whore, a bitch, and a ******. Every little thing sets hime off, and he never takes responsibility for the things he does. When he gets mad too, he gets violent.. And he's even admitted he doesn't know why he gets mad.

He's twelve years old, almost thirteen! He's even gone so far as to say he'd kill me, and to pull his belt off and swing it at me. He's just a kid, and he's got a pretty good life. Lots of friends, he's amazing at sports, but he gets so angry and every time he's frustrated he lashes out, if not with words than with fists. He fights so much, he's even been reccommended for anger management at school!

Am I just being a dramatic big sister, or is there something wrong with my little brother? Is he a bully?
  2. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

No you're not being dramatic. It does sound like he's bullying you and acting out and taking his anger out on you.

Have your parents noticed this, what do they think about this?
  3. Corieh Infected

My brother can do no wrong in my mother's eyes. He's her perfect little jock, just like her. I went to his basketball practice tonight, and we always fight, but he calls me a druggie, says I'm a freak for cutting, and that I'll bleed to death. My mother sits right there and doesn't say a thing. It's only my dad that gets after my brother, and even then my mom says I taunt him first. I'll admit, I do about half the time, but then he does it back worse and I'm not good at backing down. The other half he says something or does something that I ask him not to do, and suddenly I'm a controlling bitch.
  4. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Oh wow, that sounds so much like my family..I know how it is, feel free to PM me if you ever want to chat. :arms:
  5. Corieh Infected

Woo. So my family isn't totally unusual.
  6. gag

gag Well-Known Member

He sounds like me when I was a kid.

I used to be a bit of a Dennis The Menace when I was littler, and I eventually did have to goto anger management, which straightend me out.

Maybe your brother needs the same, he's probably just immature. I'm willing to bet he doesn't mean the things he says to you, I mean he called you a "******", last I checked if you want to hurt a girls feelings referring to her as a gay man isn't the way to do it.

When I was little I used to say anything to my older sisters when I was pissed off about something, a few times I'm sure I said I hated them, not that I meant that at all, I just said whatever mean thing came to mind.

Your brother is probably doing the same.

My honest opinion would be counselling, is there any chance someone's bullying your brother? That could explain why he's so mad all the time and feels a need to act out on his anger.
  7. Corieh Infected

He said sometimes there's a couple kids at school that get jealous when he does good in sports, and if he messes up a bit they'll laugh at him some, but he just turns around and bullies everyone else. He told me himself.. "I bully nerds because I want to." My mom says he's not a bully and that it's just a stage and she was like that when she was a kid, but my mom has hit us before, so that isn't exactly outgrowing it.
  8. gag

gag Well-Known Member

I used to bully any kids I could when I was littler, I got picked up a bit too, and that's probably why.

If your mom won't listen, maybe you should goto your dad and talk to him about it.

I don't see bullying as being a phase. I picked on other kids my whole life until I was around 14 and that's when my mom got me anger counselling, it helped a bunch, it will probably do the same for your brother.

If everyone just ignores the fact he's a bully though the odds are he isn't going to grow out of it anytime soon, he'll do it as long as he can get away with it.

Kind of like your mom, you say she was a bully and still hasn't completely grown out of it, who knows maybe some counselling when she was a kid would have changed that.
  9. Corieh Infected

My dad hates counseling, he'd never put one of his kids through it no matter how much he thought it would help. He doesn't want counseling, so therefore his kids shouldn't want it.
  10. alison

alison Well-Known Member

My best friend growing up had an older brother who seems similar to your little brother. Most of the time he was a pretty sweet kid, but when he got mad, he got mad. At first he just screamed a lot, and then his screaming turned into threats. And then it just got worse from there and he actually started hurting them. My friend always tried to keep it secret, but one time she was really upset so she told me the whole story - her brother ran into her room, grabbed her by the neck, and began to choke her... but then he let go and ran away. My friend says she believes he was just trying to scare her.

Their parents were the sweetest, best parents you could possibly imagine. They did everything right, and loved their kids unconditionally (I sometimes wished my parents could witness them in action, and take notes!! :tongue:). But they denied there was a problem until too late.

When he was ~23 I believe, he was living at home because he didn't have money or a job, and he pulled a gun on his parents. They didn't know what to do but call the cops. He was going to go to jail, but his parents finally came to terms with the fact that he had a serious problem and were able to talk the court into letting him go to a therapy type place that helps people with these kind of problems instead of jail. However, since he was over 21, after 1 day of being there he checked himself out claiming he 'was all better'.

The family has been pretty much separated from him. It's really painful from all angles, because in hindsight it is so obvious that there was a problem.

I guess my advice to you is that while sometimes kids just grow out of these phases, at other times there may be something more serious going on. It's a shame your father does not believe in therapy, maybe you could talk to him a bit? And while I know it is really really hard to do, try to remember that he is probably just as scared as you and just wants to be loved. Underneath it all, I believe that is all anyone really wants, to be loved. You may want to hate him, but I believe that unconditional love is very powerful in these kinds of situations.

Best of luck, and stay strong!!
  11. HelpingHand

HelpingHand Active Member

Do what I did.... beat his ass. my brother is 16, yesterday he pushed me. I replied by grabbing him by the hair and kneeing him in the face a few times. Trust me it works... :biggrin:
  12. twinkletoes

twinkletoes Active Member

that doesn't help at all, u don't solve violence with violence, and you shouldn't hand out such advice either,

if you get bullied by your little brother and your parents don't help you or admit he has a problem, go see a teacher at your school, explain the problem and they can help you get in contact with child support and even go with you to make an appointment, then Child support will listen to your story and investigates the problem and see if anything can be done about this whether this be counseling or punishment
  13. HelpingHand

HelpingHand Active Member

violence over my large amount of dealings with bullies generally gets them to leave you alone. What ever they do to you it must be returned with greater force than was dealt against you. I used to be passive and picked on. Then I became violent and people left me alone.
  14. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

>>>I mean he called you a "******", last I checked if you want to hurt a
    girls feelings referring to her as a gay man isn't the way to do it<<<

*shrug* maybe he's an idiot as well as a little psycho monster.
    stupid AND crazy...a lot of that going around, and it's a pretty bad
    cocktail of personality flaws.

when ya boil it all down, the human race is a dysfunctional family.
    it is truly amazing that the whole thing works as well as it does.

these bully threads push a lot of buttons on my memory banks. close
    to home, so to speak.

I really MUST follow your own shining example and get to anger
    management. a really good anger management group is what I
    need. man o' day, they got their work cut out fer 'em :)

reason and logic have worked well as stuffing and denial tactics
    for me personally. it's not the way to go though. I realize this.

just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in, which should be worth at least
    1.2739 cents on the free market.
  15. Pingu

Pingu Well-Known Member

your brother sound like me when i was younger.. it will go over when he finds out its not cool.. i used to be the angriest little kid, and i could charge into anyone that pissed me off, even if they were twice as big as me, but now im the nicest guy and wouldnt hurt a fly..
  16. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Yeah boys tend to be quite rough at that age. The best thing to be is let him know that he is being to rough with him. Let him know who is the boss and who is older and wiser.
  17. elementdeckz24

elementdeckz24 Banned Member

So you are spraying him with Lysol and he is getting mad? Wait who is the bully in this story again? Someone posted above against a bully you must lash out with even more force. That is most likley what your brother is doing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.