Little disabled dog...

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by theleastofthese, Apr 6, 2007.

1. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

may well end up a part of my furry family. The woman from the rescue group is bringing him to our house tomorrow to see how he and our beagirl get on. She called my references and was happy with what they told her so will do a "home visit" to see what kind of home he'd be going to. Techno-smart daughter has offered to pay the initial vet/adoption expenses so that's a great financial load off my mind... and my wallet. Just waiting til tomorrow to see the little guy again. I need to see if he can get up and down our three front steps to the 'potty yard'. If not, I will build a ramp for him.:smile:

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers that all goes well. I really want this little guy. He's been neglected and we could give him a really good loving home!

2. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

Crossing fingers, toes, eyes and ears for you. I hope you get him, I don't think he'd find a more loving new mum :hug: :smile:
  3. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

:smile: Good stuff least. Love is precious. :smile:
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Any news about your furry little friend?
  5. beautifuloblivion

beautifuloblivion Well-Known Member

I will definitely be thinking about you and your new furry little friend. :dog: I wish the best for you and for him! I'm sure you will give him a great, loving home. Be sure to let us know how the visit goes and if you can, post some pictures of him! :smile:
  6. theleastofthese

Just talked with the 'rescue' lady and it sounds like it's all set. She's coming for the home visit tomorrow to see about how the beagirl and little dog get on. She told me we would work out a reasonable adoption fee. I said we'd probably go up to her place next weekend to get him cause she's got him scheduled for a neuter and teeth cleaning next Tuesday so will have to wait til next weekend to drive up there so I can drive up during the daytime. (I don't do night driving) She's glad I got ahold of her and is very anxious to see our little beagirl and little Teddy together.

I knew God meant for us to have this dog.:smile: :smile: :smile:

7. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Aw that's so nice. :) I'm happy when I hear stories like this, I wish more people would give homes to disabled dogs and not dismiss them. :hug:
  8. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Yay Least!!! So happy for you! :hug: :hug: You'll have to give the lil doggy a huggle for me. :)

:) :dog: :dog: :dog: :)
  9. theleastofthese

I"m so excited I can hardly stand it!! Just goes to show you that life is a circle and that everything eventually comes round again. He got loose, came to my house, and will be coming back to my house to stay!!!:smile:

I will get techno-smart daughter to help me post a pix of him and my beagirl.

Thanks again for all your prayers and thoughts. He was meant to live with us, I believe.

10. ~CazzaAngel~

YAY!!!! :)
  11. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

:wootrock: :hug: for Least and the new family member
  12. theleastofthese

Ok!!! Little Teddy Bear and his angel, Angela, the rescue lady, just went back home after a very successful visit. He jumped up on the sofa and laid with Riley and with me and Molly, and loved being petted and made much of!:smile: We'll go up to her place next Saturday to bring him home for good! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

ecstatically happy,

13. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Yay!! Congrats on the new member of your family Sooz. :smile:
  14. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Aw, thanks for pointing me here.

That's terrific.

I totally agree with what you said in your PM.

It must be so lovely for you to know that you are doing something to help a needy being. Rescuing animals and giving them a good home is a great thing to do. I bet he will love life and live it out happily with you.

The only thing in the world that gives me pleasure is watching my pets have fun and be happy. If my pets are happy that gives me the only shread of happiness I ever feel, and I figure you are probably pretty similar. When your dogs and stuff are happy, that gives you pleasure, and that's grand.

Well done you, you are doing a terrific thing by adopting him.

I can't wait to see pics

:hugs: Thanks for the PM
  15. Terry

YAY!!!! we need to have a welcome Teddy party (any excuse:biggrin: )
    He's a lucky little dog now bless him. SEND PICS!!!!!
  16. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww congrats least!!!
  17. theleastofthese

I urge you all to get a copy of James Herriot's book Dog Stories and read the story titled "Mrs Donovan". You'll cry, then rejoice, at the happy ending for the dog in the story. That's how it is, and how it will be, for our little Teddy Bear.:smile: To go in a matter of a few weeks from being "driveway furniture" to being loved and made much of!:smile: What a relief it must be in his little doggy mind. To be gradually fattened up to a normal weight and to have attention and tummy rubs every day!!:smile:

I think so often of how bad I have it... but I don't, really, I have love and a steady income and family and friends who love me. (tho I don't get the tummy rubs:wink: ) This little dog has had NOTHING like a decent life, yet he's still loving and sweet - I can learn from him that attitude does not depend on circumstances, but comes from the heart.

18. ~CazzaAngel~

The little guy could be SF's mascot. He's wounded but still loving and struggling on! :biggrin: :hug:
  19. Terry

What a great idea Caz!! Teddy the SF mascot :biggrin: :biggrin:
  20. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

:bounce: Yay, very happy for you. :smile: