Little girl walk among us

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Nanapanana, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nanapanana

Nanapanana New Member

Hi guys, well I'm not that little anymore. I'm 23 years old woman. I have my history of depression and attempts.
    Maybe the worst feeling still is that I don't feel like I belong anywhere. Main reason to join this forum was so I can feel that someone is there. I can't find that feeling irl, so I need to try it out here. In my life, I feel like I'm unwanted.
  2. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Hi Nana, hope you find the support you need here...if you ever want to talk - my inbox is always open.

3. Damask

Damask Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you feel, Nana. I've spent so many years feeling that way.

I hope you can find what you are looking for. <3
  4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Be you 23 or 89 years old, everyone at some point in their life feels the same loneliness and confusion and has gone through some kind of depression in their life. You just do not meet people in the Real World who have gone through any of that because mos people hide their emotions behind a mask of fake happiness and will not tell anyone about it, even if they are crying inside.
    This site is a good place for meeting people who have and are going through some of the same things as you are, so you should never think for a second that you are ALONE. All seven + billion people in the World have and will go through some kind of depression in their life or feel confused or lost at some point and while you will not know them if you see them passing you by on the street, you never alone in your thoughts.
    Although it seems a lot of the time that you are unwanted or feeling neglected for whatever reason, just try and remember that you are never alone in such thoughts and everyone on this site has also gone through similar thoughts and will always be here to give you a pick-me-up and time time of the day or night, should you ever need any kind of reassurance that you are someone deserving or respect and wanted, either as a friend or a kind of surrogate family member.
    We al help each other here and we all do our best to make people realise that they are indeed worthy or all they do not think of themselves.
  5. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

I'd just finished typing out a quote from a book, then logged in here and read this....... and I think the quote fits perfectly: It's by Thomas Merton

"That One Light, like a pure diamond blazing with the invisible light of heaven… is in everybody, and if we could see it we would see these billions of points of light coming together in the face and blaze of a sun that would make all the darkness and cruelty of life vanish completely. I have no program for this seeing. It is only given. But the gate of heaven is everywhere.”

We are on SF to turn it around, from dark feelings into brighter ones :)

Welcome, Nana
  6. Nanapanana

Nanapanana New Member

My loneliness isn't like that. I know that I'm not alone with my feelings, and I'm not depressed about that. I feel lonely because I am alone. I can go days and weeks without even speaking to anyone. And the only friends I have are also depressed. So every time I see them, it's all about how life sucks or how tired they are etc. It's never about happy things or just plain small talk. And it's really wearing to be like a therapist to someone else if you're not in best mental state either. I actually want to meet someone irl who doesn't know I'm depressed. So for once i could forget how much I hate myself and the world.

And thanks for the welcomes everyone :hugtackles:
  7. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Well Nana, you're not alone on SF - we're all here together, so welcome again :) We have the ability within our own minds to choose - and we can train ourselves to choose what we want to think about, and in this way choose to dwell on the brighter things rather than the darker ones.

If there doesn't appear to be any brighter things, that's when we can make more choices as to where we will look for them :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.